HELP!!!!!! ive knocked out the engine timing! (Non micra)

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
started striping the enging to get the the headgasket, got too complex so i put it all back the way it came out but i remember when i took off the cam belt, i knocked the rollers :S it just wont fire now n im scared lol, when you turn the key, the thing wants to start, but its asif there no firing or sumic, please help lol, cheers guys!

IIRC the exhaust opens at BDC if that helps, is there nothing in the Haynes about this (other than make sure you mark the position)?

put it in 2nd and push the car till you're at tdc/bdc (2nd mark from the left on the crankshaft pully) if cylidner 1 and 2 are both closed your're at tdc, make sure you're here, so turn it a full cycle. then refer to your haynes :)

i put it in genaral and it was moved, and ye its me witht the brava and im keeping it for the min but i soo bad want another k11, super s or or sumic tho not a basic model.

right, ive read up on it and it seems as easy as lining the pistons back up by puttin a bolt in the rocker cover to stop them moving, all i have to do is turn the drive wheel thing to line them up, am i right or is there more to it? cheers guys

i put it in genaral and it was moved, and ye its me witht the brava and im keeping it for the min but i soo bad want another k11, super s or or sumic tho not a basic model.

I didnt know you had a brava, your profile says you own a K11 which is why the thread was moved. I'l move it back.

Can you update your profile? Cheers

Valves do not open and close at TDC and BDC. You need someone to tell you how to align the two pulleys, there are no two ways about it. Try a garage or get a proper service manual, or you could seriously damage your engine.

well apparently, i need too re-aling the top and bottom cogs, it bloody hard and its rainin now :(

and im not to sure if some valves are bent!

Back