Non Micra help please

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Hiya all. Sorry to post non Micra related stuff but this is the best site I have come across for advice.
Anyway, I have another project on the go. I have an old Honda C90 step through motorbike which I am restoring. Part of the plan is to install a 108cc barrel/cylinder which will boost performance. To do this I have to get the crankcases milled out by about 4mm to take the larger piston as in this video.

The problem is that I can't find any local companies who want to take on a one off job like this.
I know there are many of you who prefer the home/ghetto/DIY route and I think that this could be done at home with the right tools and I have heard of people doing this.
So how could it be done with basic tools?? I'm thinking a dremel with a milling bit and a flap wheel.
What do you all think? Any advice would be much appreciated :)

i would use a milling bit in a drill wehey, and clean it up with the flapwheel like you say eh
What milling bit do you recommend for this. Sorry for all the questions but I haven't a clue about this kinda thing??

What milling bit do you recommend for this. Sorry for all the questions but I haven't a clue about this kinda thing??

have u any mates in college?. im in college doing mechanical engineering and were all ways on milling machines

i have a bit with about 12 straight flutes wehey, but it tends to clog on alloy (cuts well tho) a 6 or 8 fluted one would probably clog less eh

lol nah.....my mates were at college 23 years ago

o so ya be a mature man haha:)

ya may not get the same quality finish with a drill and mill cutters, as the inner wall of the cylinder may cause were on ur pistons:eek:

so if the project means much to u i recomend search for some cnc machine workers to do it for u shouldnt cost u much

I wouldn't do that personally. I had some done by carward engineering, his website has disappeared though. I'll PM you his number if I can find it.

I wouldn't do that personally. I had some done by carward engineering, his website has disappeared though. I'll PM you his number if I can find it.

no wonder he dissapeard hes prob a load of poopy:D

these are mine mate, the 1st one never clogs but leaves a lot of chatter, the others cut cleaner but tend to clog on the soft alloy :)

PB300381.JPG

Back