Help car wont go

i started my car then turned it of bwt 10 mins later i came to sart it i have checked the spark plugs thers no smell of petrol then i i turned the idnition on and carnt here the pump pumping it wont go please help me !!!! sorry about the spelling oh and i have tryed the fuses is there a rely or anything

well its a 1996 1.0l so i dnt think so and i dont think its flooded as i took the sparkplug out and there abosultly no smell of petrol so i think its the pump but ive checked the fuse and thats ok so is there a rely or a bodge job that i can do

did you 1st start it then turn it straight off, as in 5 or 10 seconds ?

Is so crank it over as much as you can and it should start

well i tried bumping it last nite but it didnt go but got to it this morning and fired straight away lol does anybody know where to get a cheap new battery halfords whant 63pound and i carnt afford it
any body know any where to get one cheaper

If the engine turns over when you try to start it, then you probably don't need a battery.
Micras flood if you start them and switch off before they have warmed up - 5 mins or so.
To restart a flooded Micra, turn the engine over with your foot flat to the floor.

I paid about £50 for a new battery from my local car shop.
Halfords aren't the cheapest

try pouring a bit of petrol down the throttle body then try to start it if it starts for a few seconds then your fuel pump is knackered.

If the engine turns over when you try to start it, then you probably don't need a battery.
Micras flood if you start them and switch off before they have warmed up - 5 mins or so.
To restart a flooded Micra, turn the engine over with your foot flat to the floor.

I paid about £50 for a new battery from my local car shop.
Halfords aren't the cheapest

There's a better way ;)

Remove the fuel pump fuse and turn the engine over for 30 seconds or so, this will clear any fuel out of the cylinders.

Then put the fuel pump fuse back in and it should fire up first time.

There's a better way ;)

Remove the fuel pump fuse and turn the engine over for 30 seconds or so, this will clear any fuel out of the cylinders.

Then put the fuel pump fuse back in and it should fire up first time.

I have used that method too. It is still difficult to start though, due to wet plugs I guess?

No need to find a pair of pliers to pull the fuse with the foot to the floor method. I have fat fingers:grinning:

Back