Help! car struggeling to do 60 :(

mullet

Ex. Club Member
hello all :D
just needing a bit of help my car has startedc to be annoying and is now struggeling to do 60 mph or hit the red line (even when i drop the cluch on full acceleration ) just wondering if anyone else has had i similar problem and /or how to fix it, i tried serching to no results

any help appreciated
cheers mullet (Y)

any other charictoristics? or just loss of power? is it running smoothly? lumpy? jerky? does the car stall atall? is it idleing ok?

has it happend quickly or over the last few weeks say? have you checked the plugs? what do they look like? how long has it been since last service?

was wen i had went out for a run its not been serviced in a while since last year ive not checked the plugs yet but it doesnt feel like it is miss fireing hmm its a pain

was wen i had went out for a run its not been serviced in a while since last year ive not checked the plugs yet but it doesnt feel like it is miss fireing hmm its a pain

what do you mean exactly when you say your car has been being 'anoying'?
the plugs might give some clues to the problem, ie running lean or rich.
have you run very low on fuel lately?
are you getting a strong spark?
what have you checked so far???

so many questions ed, is your crystal ball not working tonight ? :laugh:
we need more info mullet

whats it revving up too??
when going 60 it tends to stay at 6000 rpm sometimes it dies back down when i push it harder

lol shes just being a pain loads of other bits needing fixed to
ill have a look at the plugs tomorrow if i get a chance and photo them
i have ran low on fuel but it doesnt really tend to judder and it was about 2-3 weeks ago
how would i check if i had a strong spark?
not really had a chance to check as ive been busy with other things but ive had a look at the leads thas about it really lol
what sort of things should i check ie all filters ect?

we need more info mullet

lol sorry i wasnt too sure what information was needed if theres anything you can think of the help would be lovley :D
cheers all for help so far :D

we need more info mullet

bleedin' dropped it and it rolled under the sofa :( :p

if it was me i would jst change the fuel filter, sounds like it could be changed anyway :)

to check the spark take the fuel pump fuse out then take the plugs out one at a time, put them back in the ht lead and hold the end of the plug against somthing earthed, engine works well. (with grips not your hands!) then crank the engine over, you should see a nice strong spark (good done in the dark:D).

i thought he said that if he is doing 60 and floors it it dies? made me think fuel.
said its idleing ok, but maf is a good option too:)

Mine had a replacement dizzy last year and the garage that fitted it didn't set the timing. It was at 0° and was as flat as a fart, no power at all. I set the timing up and the difference was amazing..

Worth a check in case the timing's gone out.

sorry i never got back to anyone about this i gave the car a plug and oil change and it was still the same
it turned out it was the fuel filter now she goes like stink again :D he he soo happy :D

Back