Help/Advice needed. Gearbox rebuild/referb

Hey guys i have a k11 on a L plate Pre facelift 1.0 with dizzy. when i bought it the gearbox was whining louder than i could shout so i got a replacement from a scrappy. (took me about 2 weeks to find one).

anyway change them out and within a couple of days i could hear it starting to grind. that was about 2 months ago in the passed week its been on a few long unplanned runs and is now in almost as bad a state as the one i took off.wont go in 1st without a fight, 3rd and 5th pop out if and when they please. no gear change is smooth and from in the car it sounds like i'm always in reverse.

so what i'm looking for is a easy guide to changing all the seals/bearings and anything else or help from someone that knows. failing that a a person or place i can take it and get it done at a reasonable price.
as i still have the one i took off and from taking off the outer housing it all looks ok so im guessing its just bearings that are dead (looks ok to me i'm no fitter and dont actually know what im looking for other than damage to gears like broken off bits)

thanks in advance for any help guys i need to get this done asap as i need the car for work and its driving me nuts with the sound of it.

lol hassle i dont mind i need to find the cheapest possible option. kids birthday this week and xmas round the corner money is seriously tight. being out of work though i have no issue with spending whatever time i need too on it.

also need to get it done asap cause way it sounds i wont have the kids in the car sounds too worrying as i dont know what will happen when it finally go's

ok new update i now know what its going to do when it blow's i had a nice big pop that sounded like a cv pop followed by a grinding then lots of nice oil smells in the car and it now wont go in any gear so wont drive... still have my other gearbox that to me looks ok but could still really use some help on rebuilding or where to get it done..

Back