help needed

hello all. im having a problem with my micra k11 where it seems that when i push the accelerator it is stopping/reducing the fuel getting to the engine and often stalls. i can often have my foot hard on the accelerator for for several seconds with nothing happening and then suddenly wakes up and off i go. it usually happens at low speeds or when pulling away in first or changing into second. the car just barely idles or stalls then doesnt want to start. often leaving me in the middle of the bloody road, if im lucky i can roll it downhill and start the engine but there is no response from the accelerator, instead almost a braking effect. annoyingly the problem is completely random. i can drive it for two weeks and it will work fine but then out of the blue starts happening all the time. ive had it in the garage but they have not been able to experience the problem. they fitted a new fuel pump but its had no effect. i did notice someone with a similar problem on an ozzy forum and they recomended some kind of 'soldering' . sorry to waffle on, any help would be very welcome.

andrew

What year is the Micra? As the engine management systems changed in late 2000 so depends on age of car as to what the fault could be.

its a 99 model. im gonna try this re soldering that i have seen posted on various forums. apparently its quite a common problem solver. cheers

yeah im gonna do as stated above. theres a small step by step guide ive found on an oz forum with pics but doesnt mention the actual soldering, do i literally just blob some new solder over the points or where it needs?

thanks