Hello and My new Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon

Just though I would say hello before I go to work and show you my new car that I have just got home with. Its a 1990 GSX Auto and has done 33,000 it is mainly for my my wife to learn in but as I have sold my cars will be a bit of a project for me too.

Quick question what is a realistic MPG figure to expect 35-40?

:k10:

I will put more details up later.

micra.jpg

micra2.jpg

Nice Clean Looking Motor

Good Afternoon Dave and Hello,

It looks like a good motor what did you pay for it? And what are you planning on doing to it.

That looks excellent! Thread moved to intro section, and welcome to the club

Helloooo, did everyone miss his question!!!!?!!

Hello! I couldn't tell you MPG, but i do know they normally produce around 300 miles per tank :) Seeing as it's an auto with only four gears though, i'd say a little under. Maybe 280!

Yeah 300 miles is about right, which is roughtly 40-50mpg. It depends how you drive and where you drive! Town driving will use more fuel as your constantly going through the gears (auto's may differ). Motorway driving you can get 80 miles to 1/4 a tank if you go about 65 in the highest gear, but you can get through the 1st quarter in as low as 40 miles! Even less with Carb problems

OOOooh, a Blue one...don't see many of those! (Y)

Auto is sooo much better in the town, none of that clutch up...clutch down...popping knees...etc etc.
Milage depends on how heavy yer foot is! lol! @ least 40mpg if taking it easy :)

Hello and welcome to the club, and why are people calling you Dave when your name is down as Jon in your profile ????

Saw Question

I did see the question but didn't know the answer so I didn't want to waste his time.:down:

Thanks for the replies - 40mpg is good enough for me.

As for why people are calling me Dave, well I have no idea. lol.

Will get some proper pictures up this weekend.

thats a cracking k10 mate nice find! and yup 40-50mpg is easy from a k10 even when they run like crap they still do good mpg

Welcome,
Tidy car you got there
That's the same colour blue as mine but I don't know the paint code, any ideas?

I am based in Manchester, have taken for a good drive now both motorway and country lane, and have really enjoyed it. Have started to tidy it up by spraying the wheel trims to cover the curbing scratches.

I plan to give it a full service next week and probably do the cam belt too! Will get some more pictures up in the K10 section this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back