Headunit not powering on?????

I have tried 2 brand new headunits in my car with a new iso cable i got yesterday and neither seem to power on.............But my stock radio works fine????fwn

Ive checked all fuses...........All the wires and nothing seems out of place........Ive rung kevin coopers to see if they can let me try another iso cable later today.

Has anyone had this trouble before when fitting a headunit............Did the layout of the cables change on the facelift k11's??

Jas:blues:

you must be getting the two power leads mixed up, one is a direct live and one if off the ignition. also check the main fuse for the stereo in your fuse box, and check the fuse at the back of the head unit.

This baffled the #### out of me when I had my K11 as well. There is NO earth wire on the loom in a k11. The factory headunit earths via the body of the radio touching the radio cage. I got round it by attaching an earth wire to that weird rod that screw into the back of the headunit and bolting it to the chassis :).

EARTHING!!! Yeah i havd cars in the past that i had to do that with.......I will try it in a sec. Im not getting the harnesses mixed up ive done cd players for years and years but this one is bugging me.

Had problem with mine too...It's pity I don't remember how a friend of mine's done it for me... have to ask

Earth cable.........grr...........I hate myself for going and buying a new headunit now i have 2 of them !!! Atleast my missus gets a nice present:blues:

Hehe, good advices from6.5, I had the same problem, the stock stereo ground is weak, you have to take chassis or battery - for more powereful devices like cd players
Cheers ;)
Seb

Hello im having this problem too but im not sure its the earth cable ohhhhhh i dont know maybe it is!!!

Brought the car today and it didnt have the origional sterio in it and the wires have been cut!! so i have an aftermarked sterio (removed from the car i sold yesterday so i know it damn well works!!) and i cannot get it working.

cans someone explain in simple terms (as im a woman) which wires go where i have:

12v red wire coming from sterio
I have black earth coming from sterio
Orange Memore form sterio
Orange power antena from sterio

I then have:
Blue with black stripe
Red with black stripe
blue with a red stripe

No earth can be found!!!

Any help would be really great!

Not fussed about the speaker wires they are still connected to a plug so i know which ones they are i just need to get some power to the bloody thing that is driving me C R A Z Y!!! lol

I'm guessing seperate earth from back of HU to the nearest bit of chassis?

Back