2001 1.0 16V No Starter, lights not coming on, instrument cluster dead.

Hi, Ive had my nissan micra for about a week now running solid and all the battery died, had it replaced and turned the key but the instrument cluster is dead, the ignition lights dont come on the NATS lights dont come on the radio(Standard) dosent come on nothing electrical works but the starter motor will fire up fine. Possible crossed wires? I checked the fuses every single one of them and they are fine and the battery is brand new. The key dosent appear to be a NATS key could this be the reason behind the no starts, it started before with this key though. Anyway any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-m99T

Are ya sure the battery has got charge and not discharged? Nats light should flash if key is not recognised by the transponder

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Every single one, and the relays behind the glovebox fusebox and under the bonnet.
mine had similar symptoms when a fuse near the battery went, and another member had the same when they connected the battery backwards and blew the same fuse

I wish, no the battery is fine I had it stated in my friends mazda put it in mine turned over but would not start. No lights on NATS or the instrument cluster but it was going grand before that.

I havent, could you tell me more about them, what they look like etc. I turned the key and the relays click and the starter fires and turns but no starting.

(on my pre-facelifts) the fat red wire goes to the starter (constant live) and big 2 white wires split from battery terminal and go to the main fusebox and alternator

Right, stater is firing, no lights and its running the battery dead now. What are scrap for these cars lol. Ill work hard on it tomorrow and see what I can get up to thanks to everyone who suggested and if you have any more on how I might get it going keep em coming.

Back