K12 Changing headunit

Hi all,

Thanks to all the guides out there I have managed to pull out the headunit and have a look whats behind it.
I originally wanted to just steal a speaker connection and wire it to an amplifier in the boot but it looks a bit too complicated.
I've researched alot on the different connections and apparently my Micra uses ISO Connectors which is a standard in headunits nowadays? And with a new headunit all I'd have to do is plug in the existing ISO Connector block?
Pretty much I just want a headunit I can replace the old one with + some RCA connections for my amp, I have been on Ebay and not one auction says ISO connectors at the back.. Heres a link to a JVC one I am tempted to get but do not know for sure it uses ISO maybe you guys could help me out or suggest a cheapish headunit..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JVC-KW-X...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b95753ed

Thanks.

where about in the world are you located?

judging by the unit cable its not the typical ISO as typical ISO is 2 brick, one for speakers and one for power etc.
looks like you would need an adaptor and connect up the colors (you can cut the oem connector but i'd not suggest it.

personally i'd stay away from cheap double dins. for similar value u can get a nice single din which is much more user friendly.

I am located in Australia.

I would prefer single din but would need a facia to cover up the other din hole and google can't find me anything.
I will take a photo of my exact headunit and connection block behind it later on today.

thanks

Back