headlight problems! k10. MOT tomorrow!

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
ok this is for my friends dad not my car i wish my mot was tomorrow. Both headlights work but if you flash or use full beam the dipped right hand headlamp dies afterwards. As a guess id say the stalk is becoming faulty but Im not really sure. has anyone experienced this? Ive got a spare k10 so I can source parts by tomorrow but as the weather is ok at the moment id like to go get it done ASAP.
even if you dont know any ideas are welcome.

Replace the stalk, that will probs fix it, if it doesn't it may be the new stalk is faulty.
Before you do anything check fuses and relays, the headlamps work on two circuits so check everythin.

The stalk would be a good place to start.

Take the Top and Bottom covers off and have a look at the contacts, i've had a problem in the past when Dust of all things stopped the connection...sounds weird doesn't it? o_O

I did think it was an Earth problem but if everything is working it must have something to do with the stalk...

micra 110 :k10:

I hope so im going to try the new stalk now it just seemed strange to be on the right hand side only.

Check the connector on the back of the headlamp. Common problem they go wrong and sometimes need replacing. Wiggle it around a bit, and when you remove it from the light, look at it so see if any of it's melted.

Back