Help with headlight allignment (MOT failure)

Hey all.
The Micra had an MOT and failed it on last Saturday, on a few small things.
I replaced the passenger headlight 4 years ago and it is apparently too high, which is wierd as the same place has MOT'ed it since 2005.

I replaced the driver headlight a few weeks ago as a stone cracked it and this one also failed. The beam (roughly 2m from my garage door) was about 1 foot higher than the passenger headlight as the levelling mechanism had popped out.

I have done my best to sort the headlights and now the driver's one is the almost the same level as the passenger one. I have used the black screw thing on the headlights to lower them both as far as I can, but am concerned the vehicle will fail the retest, which is free for two weeks.

Any advice guys?
Thanks in advance.
Matt

If you plead helplessness or say it's your girlfriends car, the MOT chap should be able to adjust your headlamps using the checking equipment, to ensure they are legal.
Every time I've had a car or bike tested, the examiner has whipped out a screwdriver and tweaked the alignment for me if it's necessary.

Seems a bit harsh to fail you on something you don't have the correct piece of kit to correct it with .... unless they want you to pay them for the privilege !

If they carry on in this vein, I'd try another MOT Station.

Back