Headlight Bulb Question

CMF_tiSh

» CMF Member
Im planning or replacing an aftermarket super white bulb. it's a 110/100watts bulb... I know I have to put additional relays so that the wirrings wont get melted... but my concern is would the headlight plastic stand the heat? or am I gonna end up with a melted/burned plastic?

May I know also the stock bulb wattage?

thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
55w low beam, 60w high beam for factory lights.

The plastic might melt with the new globes. It has happened to others. Depends on the replacement globes you purchase.

CMF_jay85

» CMF Member
hey, relays are necessary. its the cable size that cant handle the extra amps that the larger wattage bulbs take. you can buy a headlight relay setup that has two relays in the one box. its quite easy to wire up.... about melting the plastic, im not sure.... i have done this conversion in many cars and had no problems yet. also check with the local authorities, because here in australia it is illegal to do this.

good luck :)

cisco

» CMF Member
I put those 110w bulbs in the aftermarket DEPO headlights..

It started too melt the headlights, they were warped and there was the start of dark burning marks. The plastic in those things is nowhere near as high quality/durable as the factory genuine nissan lights.

CMF_tiSh

» CMF Member
Thanks for the info guys...

To Cisco: My aftermarket bulbs are 100/90w Plasma White. And im still using the stoc/original crystal headlights...

I gues the original headlights are much stronger than the aftermarket DEPO Ones...

Yes I think im gonna try it next week. still gonna buy the relay kit.

And gonna change the front signal lights to blue.. since my park lights are blue...

Don't worry nothing is illegal here.. hehehe

Back