headlight problems

R

roblatus

Hi all

my wifes micra k11 has recently developed a problem with one of the headlights. I thought that a bulb had blown so replaced the bulb yet the headlight still failed to work.

On closer inspection the fuse for the n/s headlight had basically melted. Not just blown but proper melted. I managed to remove it, in two pieces. Now the problem is that of the two metal parts that the fuse clips in to one of them no longer seems to exist, there is just an area of melted plastic and nothing left for the fuse to clip into.

What i propose to do is find out which coloured cables feed the base of the fuse holder and splice some new cables off of these to run to a separate fuse holder for the n/s headlight.

So far it has proved difficult in actually seeing what colour cables go into the base of the fuse holder so i was hoping one of you guys or girls could tell me which colour cables i should be looking for, then i intend to open the loom up 6 inches away from the fuse and tap off the wires there where it is more accessible to do so.

i would really appreciate it if someone could give me any advice on this

Thanks in advance:k11motors

that happend to me not to long ago just went down to the local scrappy an got a replacement plastic bit snipped an crimped job done worked ever since literally 5 min job

chrissy said:
that happend to me not to long ago just went down to the local scrappy an got a replacement plastic bit snipped an crimped job done worked ever since literally 5 min job

it doesn't look to me as if you could remove the fuse holder bit just for the n/s headlight though????

there are some realys and other fuses in the same "block" and it looks as though all the cables are "hard wired" into the bottom of the unit rather than having a connector

check the block behind the headlight itself, the block that connects the wires to the headlight, thats a common fault on the k11's

Back