headlight bulb replacement

S

Sesom

Hi,

I have searched the posts but found no answer to my problem so I've decided to create a new thread.
I am almost ashamed :down: to admit my Micra (K12) is giving me a tought time replacing the main headlight bulb. The instructions in the user handbook are straightforward: Remove the contacts, the rubber protection and release the wire clip. Remove the bulb, replace it with a new one and repeat everything in reverse order. I am stuck at step one. I cannot remove the black plastic contact. Is it screwed on or something? If anybody has done it I will be very happy if you could post instructions.

Thanks in advance,
Primoz

Not replaced a bulb myself but have tried to take off the black contacts before when I was faffing around with lights stuff, they're not screwed on they just clip off. They're just stiff, and it requires a good tug to get em off.

tug at the rubber bung. Theres a hole in the middle of it. Eventually it'll come off give a couple of twists as well. Once open you'll feel the clip slide it to the right i think or left cant remember and you should be able to pull the bulb stright out. I think the left light is the hardest to do as there's no room.

If you get really stuck you could take the light out but that means removing the bumper lol. 3 bolts 2 on top and 1 behind the wing!!

Its worse on my ST to remove the bulbs...the whole head light has to come out of the car!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it another try this weekend. I just hope I don't break something.

Took me a good half hour this am to get them out...main problem was trying not to knock the bonnet catch off whilst tugging at the plug, it helped to take bung from round the outer, peel it back a bit then tug + wiggle at the same time.........a lot easier to get back on though. .......good luck.

yeah just pull the rubber really hard making sure your fingers are really tight on the plastic when you have done one every one after that is easy lol
ive changed the bulb three times from standard to not so standard to 55w to 100w lol xenon of course, no yellowing has occured ither and remember you need h4 bulbs and t10 side lights led ones are really bright if you know what you are looking for

Back