Headlight bulb - how tight?

Hey

Can anyone give some indication of how hard you have to pull on the plastic connector on the rear of the headlight bulb in oder to change the bulb?? I have been pulling hard but can't get it to budge at all!! Anyone have any tricks to get the plastic connector off of the bulb - it's like it is welded together!

thanks

Greg

It is a tw@t of a job. Do you mean the rubber bit or the actual buld connector?

I mean the actual connector. The rubber bit seems to come off easy enough. I can see the bulb through the lens and it moves about a little as I pull on the connector. I don't know how hard I can pull before damaging anything.

Frank - nothing to squeeze on these - I think you just pull. It seems to be basically the same method as my partners Smart car but hers I can actually do!

Sounds like it may be corroded slightly Greg. I found it slightly easier to get your fingertips behind the front edge of the connector and sort of lever it off. If you remove the two bolts you can see, you can lift the assembly into a better position to get into :).

Yeah they get a little corroded, my drivers side light was the tricky one and needed a decent wiggle.
by decent i mean yank it from side to side until it gives up :p

nah, you have to squeeze the sides ffs fwn (there are 2 little tangs inside the connector on most nissans)

nah, you have to squeeze the sides ffs fwn (there are 2 little tangs inside the connector on most nissans)
Really? perhaps mine was changed at some point as i have different colours on either side and both look badly taped up. :doh:

Back