Stereo changing help.

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Hi

I really need help with my recently purchased a beautiful black K11 Micra Super S 1994, I have also got a K11 Micra SR 1996 and i had installed my sony Cd player using a Nissan to ISO adapter. Well the problem is when i got my super s it had a standard nissan tape player and wanted to put in my sony player instead (which was from my SR). i did the usual, took the nissan player out and put the sony in with the ISO adapter, but the sony player doesnt work. i first thought it would be the audio fuse but it checks out, i even checked the fuse on the player it self and that was fine. I even tried to put the nissan player back in but that doesnt even work! I dont know wat to do?

Anyone have any ideas? im bored without my music feels like something is missing lol

Thanks for the help
Ash

CMF_milko46

» CMF Member
check if your interior light is still working, you may have blown the fuse for this which is also linked with your constant power of your radio and memory for the dash clock. if you have no cigarette lighter then you have blown the accessories power fuse. if these are both ok then perhaps check your earth?

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Thanks milko46, i have checked the interior light, it works fine, except the speedo lights, some work and some dont. cig lighter works and fuse is ok too. i have checked all the fuses under the steering wheel and they are all fine. How do i check earth?
Sorry im a little new to this.

Thanks for the help
Ash

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
the earth for most nissan cars is the ariel for the radio, if that isnt pluged in correctly at the back of the head unit then it will not power. might be an obvious statement but worth double checking.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
The aerial erath is more dependant on the headunit these days - the idea was ditched some time ago as aerials started getting embedded into the glass. My k11 had its own earth on the headunit loom. It seemed to be pretty good on my car so I'm pretty sure I retained it instead of adding excess wiring. Although I may have added a secondary ground just in case - nissan isnt known for excellent wiring in that respect!

Back