Problem with head unit & lights

P

pbunn

Hi, Just fitted a Sony head unit to my son's Micra (1998 S reg). Used an ISO adaptor loom. All works well until I turn on the sidelights (or headlights) when all power to the head unit is cut. Any ideas?

Have you wired in the illumination wire incorrectly? (usually the orange wire)

If so that might cause you head unit to go off when the lights come on...

Try just disconnecting it if you have wired it in.

Nis.

if he has used iso adapters (pc2-17-4) i think, you should have no problems... as my stereo actualy changes colour with the lights on or off...

what you may want to check is that the cables from the stereo are in the correct possitions... ie the yellow, red and black wires are all going to their counter parts on the iso adapter.... then check the orange ilumination cable and see if that is going to the yellow "switched live" on the vehicle.... if it is, snip it clean.... and pass another cable between the red and yellow cables..

the only down side to this is that you will have to turn the stereo off by hand not by the ignition...

peace out!o_O

(did i say that)

I tried to use an Autoleads adaptor to do my one but the adaptor just didnt fit so I crimped the wires one by one and used bullet connectors.

Illumination needs a grounding.
Made sure the HU has a ground? I put my own Earth on.

no no no lol :)!!

You are using the lighting wire as an earth. When you turn the lights ON the headunit earth goes + and then it turns off. You need to give the headunit a new earth, and cut the sidelight wire that goes to the headunit. (currently to the headunits earth) all will be well then.

Back