Hazard Switch

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
Hey i need some advice i have a facelift k11 and i want to modify my hazard switch so the indicators will work with my alarm, how do i remove the switch?

You will have to remove the whole facia that houses the switches and heater controls, and access the switches from behind as i don't think the wire is long enough to pull through. To do this:-
Remove the ashtray and undo the 2 screws, undo the two screws on the top which face downwards towards the cd player/radio, then carefully pull of
the facia panel by pressing down on the top (above the switches) and pulling forwards. Then all the wiring can be seen and switches pulled out if needed.

ok thanks is that for the facelift version though cause my hazard switch isnt built onto that fascia bit you take off, how did you wire your alarm to the indicators or didnt you do it?

Hello mate, when fitting my alarm I wired them up to the indicators under the bonnet. I think I used a scotch lock when I did mine :p

Both front ones, you should get 2 wires (1 for each) and yes all the others work from this.
as they are all connected. Hope that helps mate!

On the topic of the Hazard Switch, who elses flashes on a facelift when you press it? Mine doesn't.. but my Super S did, and it faded on and off and I turned the lights on.

on a prefacelift there is no need to take the facia off, although probably easier if you car routing wiring, you can just pop the switch out with a screwdriver.

If got it off just having problems modding my alarm to flash the indicators,it will flash when you lock them but it won't flash when you unlock them,mind you it's not designed to do it

In english I have two wires ones pulsed for locking and the other one for unlocking and I know what wires to connect them to but when I connect both of them to the indicators the central locking won't work, I found something I could do is get the indicators to flash when locked and the headlights to flash when unlocked LOL

Back