handbrake light(lack of)

hi peeps just a small thing annoying me,i notice that there is no light when my h/brake is on/off and as it is a basic 1.0 i wondered whether this was fitted but noticed when the sun shone on the dash there is a warning light there.Could this be A. bulb in dash out or B. the switch under h/brake? Many thanks john

Could this be A. bulb in dash out or
B. the switch under h/brake?
I don't know for sure whether a warning light circuit is fitted, but I would have thought it is.
If so, then it's a yes to both your q's. It could be either of those.
Switch under the h/brake is the more easily accessible so would be the first thing to check. If all's ok there, then suspect the dash bulb.

ive got a 1.0L it does have a handbrake light - it looks like this >> (!)

always worth giving the easiest thing a check first

cheers for that i will check the switch before work today.Another silly question-im assuming theres a small bulb behind each warning light,what size bulbs are they and how do you get to them as ive not got a Haynes for it yet.Thanks again. Quick update-the h/brake switch checked out o.k,after removing built up fluff and giving it a squirt of WD40 still no light.Next check will be the dash but ive read somewhere there could be an earthing from the switch,how can i find this? I have been getting static shocks from the drivers door could this be it? Sorry for being a bit dumb.

Back