Gumball 3000 - Deadly accident

Stupid idiots, just because you have a quick and expensive car doesnt give you the right to race on public roads, save it for the track!!
Also those people could have lived if those two cowards didnt run.

Also a more up to date article. click here

It was only a matter of time before this happend. a very unfortunate incident, i cant believe they tried to run. According to that article though, there's a one year MAXIMUM jail sentance, which is a joke!

Well...that's the end of that then. There is little chance that the various high powered runs are gonna get a licence to run again after this. I love the gumball idea, my mate and I very nearly ran the Gumball this year but couldn't get the right sponsorship in the end. Looking at the horrendous accidents that have happened in the past on these runs, (e.g. the 2004 run where Martin and Lee when they flipped their Cossie, Jerry flipped his viper and some guy who I dunno flipped his ferrari 360...these weren't just crashes, these were flips....uber-crashes...in just one run) it was inevitable that someone was going to die. Unfortunately it was someone that wasn't involved with the rally that died. Nick and Matthew should be ashamed of themselves for running.

absolutely ridiculous...makes me ashamed to be british :down: :down: :down:
if only they had not run away the old guy could have had a better chance.
makes you realize how quick your life can end just because of stupid driving

me and a few friends have decided to do a sponsored drive to raise money for charity, no racing just having a laugh.

we dont know when we're doing it or were too but if people wanna meet us at certain points and carry on then that would be great...

would anyone be up for it?

Such a shame and it was ridiculous that they ran away.

Another proven point that wallet size is not proportional to driving ability

Sad. I hope they never live it down. The poor wife will be on her own if she survives :(

What do they expect tho, they hold parties for the Gumballers which includes alcohol from what i've seen. Not a good mix.

shame an innocent man died its always the fools that survive and i doubt they will care that much either its absolutly discusting.

Back