Guess the insurance, you will not be

Im 19, been driving my moms car for the past 17 months, havnt crashed it, live in birmingham

I want a micra, so i had a quick look at insurance today.

guess the monthly premium on a 1995 1.0 micra L costing 500 squids to buy?

all my hopes of having a 1.3 lowered with banded steelies and having it all legal are gone

il be having it in me moms name with no mods insured! woo

still costing £2.3k a year tho

i cant remember, i looked on several different websites, and price comparrison sites.

its bizzare cus my mate, who is 5 months older than me, and been driving 8 months longer than me, is getting an audi s3, a 220bhp german beast, and the insurance is £2.4k. only lives a couple of miles away too

its so unfair, and they wonder why there are so many young drivers with no insurance.

Awww your bleed'n joking, I'm insured a year for 1600 which is a great price by my standards on my lovely 1.0, but next year when i need to renew, this sounds like i should be moving to bikes too :'( As much as i apserlutely love my micra!

What are insurance companies planning on achiving? Making the whole young driver system illegal? Because at this rate, nobodies going to insure....And i bet you people will drive ! :mad:

Talk to companies over phone though, this online comparison junk, is well junk!

Don't give up on it though mate, will keep my eyes peeled for any deals!

well i have been with tesco for the past year and a bit, but i was looking at going on my own name and building up some no claims. think il just leave it now

I dont remember it ever being so expensive when i was 17. I drove a few 2 seater sports cars before i was 21 too. Robbing gits. I am 40 now so not a problem for me and I have no points and never had an accident since I passed my test in 1988. I just paid £131 fully comp for my standard 1.0L:wasntme:

I think the 1.0 K11 is group 7 insurance, and the 1.3 group 9 which is pretty high. You'd think the 1.0 would be a 2 or 3! My fiancee's MX-5 is only group 12.

It's all a rip-off mind.

They try and make more money on smaller cars now as more people are turning to them and diesels.

My insurance was £1000 (K10) when i passed in 2009 Age 21
£600 this year (K11) Age 22 - 1 year NCB
Been quoted around £800-£900 for the 1.8t Silvia.

Just keep looking.

thats shocking!!! ive just passed my test and im 26 on a traders policy so i can drive anything up to a 1.8 ( for the first year :glare:) and our insurance is only £1500 and that covers myself in any vehicle up to a 1.8 and my hubster's 2 other cars + works van and he can drive customers vehicle fully comp upto a value of £51000 which can be extended to £120000.

all insurance is a joke I sold my paj junior 2 weeks ago because it rose from £220 to £686 this year and no explanation as to why, ive been driving since I was 16 im 49 now and a bog standard 998cc k12 was still £214 tpft. Insurance company's say it because so many people are driving without insurance so those that do get it have an extra premium added to cover this. The government are alleged to be bringing new legislation out in march for all insurance companys to pass details of all insured vehicles to the dvla who then cross reference with there data base of registered keepers and those that are not insured will get a visit off the police and if the vehicle is parked on a public highway it gets towed away and disposed of unless they provide insurance within a given time...I bet the premiums still dont come down though underwriters are greedy people

that clears it up!
as if the tax goes to fixing the rd's?
the systems bent run by bent people,,you could tell if they were straight things would be straighter

:grinning::grinning::grinning::laugh::laugh::laugh:
its not even joke some friend i know is skint now due to the direct debt was sposed to go out next week
they" took it out this week she is skint now with kids! spose they can pick a pocket or two,,,,,,,,

They try and make more money on smaller cars now as more people are turning to them and diesels.

My insurance was £1000 (K10) when i passed in 2009 Age 21
£600 this year (K11) Age 22 - 1 year NCB
Been quoted around £800-£900 for the 1.8t Silvia.

Just keep looking.

which company was that with???
im 21 now, had my licence since i was 17 1/2
no convictions etc
1 years named no claims with directline
tried in my name this year on a 1l vibe 96 no mods and they wanted £1400 TPFT & £1800 F/C

want to get my own insurance with someone i can declare alloys on as my friend from uni works for directline in manchester, and she says that they will only insure cars with mods for people over 25!!
and that if i didnt tell them they would cancel the policy and void any and all claims and would then notify all other companies about me not informing them.

At 18 for a 1.0 lx mine was 1700 tpft
at 19 for 1.3 super s 900 fully comp

Try selecter car insurance they are a broker and they beat everyone by £400 at least!

Wow that is a shocking amount of money, i'm 36 now and i dont think i have ever paid more than £450 for insurance and i've had a lot of insurance unfriendly cars gte's gti's turbos etc etc.. my micra is £220 to insure..my ascona is £155..i sold my delica l300 when they told me it would be nearly £500..no thanks i said and sold it..

My parents have been with an insurance broker ever since I know and they have a good relationship with her. When I was originally insured on their micra they went to her and found the best deal to get me on the car as a named driver. Now I have my own with 3 years no claims it was less than 1000, and I'm 23.

P.S. - Irish prices, as far as I know there's not much difference (in how the insurances work) but I don't think we have much lower prices than you guys.

Insurance is a complete lottery im 27 ust finished a year ban with a re-sit for D&D so im getting quotes, for my Polo 1.4 16v im £1400, for a 206 GTi 2.0 £1200 wtf, and for a 450bhp R32 Skyline GTR £2900 all fully comp. Spoke to a few companys and they all said the same, after i get 1 ncb im laughing so whats the big change im older and all of a suden im so very respossible?? i dont get isurance quotes one bit!

this mystery is getting me more than the insurance.title of this post...Guess the insurance, you will not be ,,,,,,,,,not be what??

WOW...it seems Micra insurance is very high for some reason, that sucks!!
My Zed costs me £470 FULLY comp, protected no-claims, breakdown cover, legal fees, courtesy car, NO excess, all mods declared.Group 18

My Zed costs me £470 FULLY comp, protected no-claims, breakdown cover, legal fees, courtesy car, NO excess, all mods declared.Group 18

check a quote for a 1.3 k11 just out of curiosity what it comes to?

wow. and i thought mine was bad, i like right by town centre according to my postcode, and pay 1600 full comp on a 1l. thats with 1ncb, 2yrs driving 2crashes and 3points. only one of the crashed was my fault tho. but as a result of what my renewal is going to be (very high) i can get insured on something like a 1.8 audi for cheaper than a 1.3, or (what im seriously thinking of getting...cause its jap and all ) a 1.6 16v mitsubishi colt.

i,m guessing you,re not a teenager tho jerry fwn any make of small hatch + young male driver rings alarm bells to an insurance company, whereas, for instance, a young male who chooses a big engined heavy car will have a totally different risk profile
its all down to statistics i,m afraid, look how many crashes have been posted up on here

The problem is insurance companies don't look at the individual, take for instance my situation.
22 still living at home (for the moment)
2yrs driving experience with 1yrs nc (had to chop and change insurance this year)
I work nights during the week so the car gets used for a total of 10 times at the weekend my sister normally borrows it (she has a pug enough said)
So as far as I'm concerned I'm a low enough risk but no my insurance is still stupidly high

Managed to get the silvia quote down to £800 but won't actually be insuring it till Summer.
My missus just got her renewal quote through for £300 odd :(

that program on bbc i heard said insurance had just gone up by 1/3 on average and 58% for young males iirc, so they were probably making a loss on young males ?, you have to ask why many companies refuse to cover under 25,s if its so expensive/lucrative

that program on bbc i heard said insurance had just gone up by 1/3 on average and 58% for young males iirc, so they were probably making a loss on young males ?, you have to ask why many companies refuse to cover under 25,s if its so expensive/lucrative
All it takes is one company to actually be a young drivers insurer. Not just a title like every single one i have ever tried.
And they would rake in so much revenue it would be unreal.

Managed to get the silvia quote down to £800 but won't actually be insuring it till Summer.
My missus just got her renewal quote through for £300 odd :(

I got my quotes for the k10 down from £800 odd to £600, but I know what you mean with the missus mines had 2 accidents and hers is still half of what mine is fwn

Purely because apparently we all like to drive like complete cocks, yet yesterday heading home after picking up my sister an Audi a3 driver who had to be in his 30's was riding my tailgate started giving me all the hand signals to move over but I never so when he finally got pass me he tried to get me to crash in the back of him grr grr
So it can't be an age thing

i,m guessing you,re not a teenager tho jerry fwn any make of small hatch + young male driver rings alarm bells to an insurance company, whereas, for instance, a young male who chooses a big engined heavy car will have a totally different risk profile
its all down to statistics i,m afraid, look how many crashes have been posted up on here

Hi Frank, Yes you guessed right. I am probably double the age of the average driver here, driving over 20 years, plus police advanced driver 87-95, full no-claims, No convictions, no accidents.

I thought Hot hatches eg Type-R`s, VXR`s, Clio sports were the ones that young drivers would find most diffulculty insuring, not a 1.0, 1.2, 1.6 micra
In fact, my Civic Type-R cost me more to insure than my 350Z, around £565

Back