GT4 March Challenge!

micracharge

Now with added V6...
Not sure how popular this will be, but with GT4 needing a reason to be pulled out of the closet this could be it... The MSC March Challenge!

Rules are simple - Either ROAD Nissan March from the game (K11 or K12), the mm-R is not acceptable. All tyres and power adders are free and unrestricted - this is the out and out, how fast can the March go type affair!

Two challenges... The Nurburgring, and Trial Mountain, times are to be exhibted in the form of a quick screenie (phone-cam, etc) of the final time, the circuit name and the car model should be visible :D

Let the inner-nerd free... Take up the March Challenge! :D

ill post up my times on the nurburgring as im.. bearing in mind i own the localk cruise sites GT challenge thread with all the lap records being mine :pi havent got the march time any more its not in the top 10..

Il be in on this one. I to want a reason to play it till my thumbs bleed again. o happy days.

Did i read someone said the March ST was in the 1st Gran Turismo?

Mulbers said:
Did i read someone said the March ST was in the 1st Gran Turismo?

I saw the ST in GT2 for certain. No idea if its in the first GT or not though. I have Forza, but the lack of a decent wheel and pedals for the Xbox (and the lousy physics) make it a no-no for me :D

Forza is an awsome game. It doesn't have the physics glitches that GT4 does and it looks alot better, runs alot smoother etc.
I'm just biast because I tested it! :p
Nah, honestly... apart from the shortage of cars it's MUCH better that GT4!

-Jamie

Granted the audio is better in Forza, but the frame rates are nothing like as smooth as GT4. I've only ever played GT4 with the official Driving Force Pro 900-degree wheel, so for me, its no comparison. Forza does have its place mind, but it just doesnt do much for me without proper controls - and their implementation of analogue controls (ie, with no damping) is too twitchy and feels unnatural.

But for modification and stuff, admitedly Forza is certainly ahead on that one. The super and turbocharged Vipers are just awesome, and they certainly exhibit turbo lag in a much more realistic fashion than GT4.

micracharge said:
I've only ever played GT4 with the official Driving Force Pro 900-degree wheel, so for me, its no comparison. Forza does have its place mind, but it just doesnt do much for me without proper controls - and their implementation of analogue controls (ie, with no damping) is too twitchy and feels unnatural.

Ohhhh man that wheel rocks. Try plugging it into your PC and play the GTR2 demo or GT Legends... then come join our racing league http://comet.dark.se/

Real races against real people on very realistic simulators ;)

Thats the only way to play racing sims :laugh:

Some people take it a bit too far, the only sim racing where you gotta wear a racing belt :p http://www.force-dynamics.com/video.html

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4158814239136110758&q=force+dynamics

Hehe, I play GTR and GT Legends a fair bit, and used to be quite into LFS and rFactor too. On the PC I stick to old-school Momo Force wheel, even thought its 270 degree its easier for longer periods, and saves me having to dismantle my lounge setup... *cough* racing seat *cough*. :D

oh well time to kick in brother's wriast and chuck fifa out the window cause it's time to play gt4

so what if it's his ps2 micra's rule.

Fastest Lap Times

Tsukuba Circuit - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 0'47.316
Nurburgring - Raceworx - Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-Spec 2 N1 Edition - 6'20.278
Deep Forest - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 1'05.104
Laguna Seca - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 1'14.092
Tokyo Route 246 - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 1'23.233
Trial Mountain - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 1'16.052
Seattle Circuit - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 1'23.513
Circuit de la Sarthe I - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 3'27.801
Circuit de la Sarthe II - Raceworx - TVR Cerbera Speed 12 - 3'06.161

these are my times on other tracks you ahve to use a normal car it says normal car in the spec windo not a race car or special any mods are aloud :p you can have a crack at these if you fancy a challenge ill get a micra time up soon

love my skyline its my baby on that game also love the ring :D the nurburg not the brown one :S i know what people are like on here!!

Believe me, in the real world by the time you'd driven hundreds of Skyline GTR and GTS's of various specs, you'd be aching to get back into something small and fun ... Hence my 32 has just gone in favor of the K11 SR, more fun, cheaper bits (peanuts by comparison) and generally just a great little car to chuck around - a Skyline is an open road car, a Micra is a backroad-rocket! :D

iv not had the pleasure yet :( so i can only dream.. im sure a well preped GTR R34 could have alot of fun on the ring :D alright round some B roads we have here id rather have somthing that will fit down th road

Dont get me wrong, I love the GTR, and as the "ultimate-roadcar" its surely hard to beat when modified, but unless you have a substantial budget to modify, run and maintain it (example, simple part like an Ignition Amplifier £400) you will really struggle as even the little things that go wrong cost atleast four figures every time.

I love Skylines, but in Europe they are simply too expensive to own for the average Joe. You might get lucky and buy say a 32 GTR for £5000 or less, but then factor in that three to six months down the road it is going to spin a big-end shell and destroy itself, and then even if you go to a shoddy Tuner its going to cost you a good few thousand, more likely for a decent engine rebuild even on a standard car ... can you say £4,000?

Love 'em, but for the roads I like around here, and for the budget I have and the type of driving I prefer, the Micra is a vastly superior road car, especially by the time that ol' Eaton M45 is whining away under the bonnet... :D

Can you pin this down to one track a week?

And the same car not just any micra?

Would make it fair in my opinion.

If so im in:k11motors

im in....i play this for 4 hrs a day and have since it came out...i can drift any car and have a lap record or tsukuba of 48 seconds in a minolta toyota lm car.... (43.5 secs in the f1 car but thats besides the point)

i have three march's one is 202bhp totaly upgraded turbo....one is 180 ish and supercharged and the other is about 165 and is n/a.....

so im up for that....stick on some qualifyers and give it a go...
hahahahaaaaa

im well up for it. just not sure about only using the march. it can get canny boring

Cast a vote then I recon chaps - post which car you'd like, on which track, and we will work it out the democratic way!

I vote K11 March G#, any mods on the 'ring or Trial Mountain :)

I am going to hit the challenge this weekend! :D

I think this is a great idear:

Hear i have my March trial mountain time : 1.35.010
My micra pic: (do you think i have enough cash?) :D
And my Volvo 240 Glt estate Quater mile time (on the vegas strip): 12.803
Just thought i would show u the volvo because its a beast :D

Attachments

• Trial mountain Time.JPG
    Trial mountain Time.JPG
    490.1 KB · Views: 178
  • My micra.JPG
    My micra.JPG
    522.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Volvo Qut mile.JPG
    Volvo Qut mile.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 213
Muhahahha... the challenge is set... tomorrow I shall take to Trial Mountain in my G#, and I shall return... with a time! :D

get some practice in people :p im busy this weekend but ill demolish your times after :D

oh and i dont use nnitrous cos i dont like it..

Lol Race worx :laugh:

Micra Trial : 1'32.658
Volvo Trial :D :1'34.550
Pic of volvo : :doh:

Race worx....if you can beat my Micra March Trial Mountain time 1'32.658 (with no Nos) and track not in Reverse......Ill give you a whole £5.00 o_O

I dont mean to boast or nethin....jus...i really cant see you doin it :D

Attachments

• Micra 1'32.658.JPG
    Micra 1'32.658.JPG
    477.6 KB · Views: 182
  • volvo trial time.JPG
    volvo trial time.JPG
    451.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Volvo.JPG
    Volvo.JPG
    393.6 KB · Views: 211
:D keep tryin ull get it.....when i got 1'35.010 i though i couldnt do any better but i had a few more trys ;)

Omg 04:37am.....that went quick lol i best go bed :D

Just another heads up that if you use time trial in the arcade mode it means you all run the same.

Ie +20% power -10% wieght sport soft tyres and no tc

5ilver Micra said:
nah man dont use arcade mode......do it in (story) mode....arcade mode is rubbish :D

Im gonna have another go of beating my time ;)

It evens the playing field up and is what all other leagues use.

I think i will wait till its run proper before joining

If you do it in arcade mod, everyones car will be the same, or more or less. So it comes down to driver, rather that a few tweaks the car has had.

thats the whole point....who can set their cars up better adn drive the,,, the whole package

i bet your one of these people who like A1GP and think F1's rubish arent you?

oh and one more thing...

1.32.817 on trial mountain...... micra 202bhp....50bhp progressive nitrous.....

antony_aiken said:
thats the whole point....who can set their cars up better adn drive the,,, the whole package

i bet your one of these people who like A1GP and think F1's rubish arent you?

oh and one more thing...

1.32.817 on trial mountain...... micra 202bhp....50bhp progressive nitrous.....

I agree with the 1st bit about tuning......but who are you talking about? (i bet your one of these people)

Nice time btw :D

5ilver Micra said:
I agree with the 1st bit about tuning......but who are you talking about? (i bet your one of these people)

Nice time btw :D

bhahaha... ive never even seen an A1gp race.....i love F1 however and i think its brilliant how after all the kaffuf over ferrari, that no one complained about renault last year...

just some idea on how good a lap in the micra it is...just set a lap in the rs200 race car.... 595 BHP with 100BHP nos

1.26.002..trial mountain.....

runaway-robot said:
If you do it in arcade mod, everyones car will be the same, or more or less. So it comes down to driver, rather that a few tweaks the car has had.

Spot on.

Driver skill is were it is thats why everyone does it in arcade:p

no...they do it in arcade cos they dont understand the physics of the car...they dont know wy its handloing like it is...or how to correct it...

thats the real skill...knowing your car enough to know when 5mm lower at the front will allow you to make it arround that last corner.....

arcade mode...why not just play ridgeracer and have done with it?

NOOOooooooOoooOooOOooooooo LoL im gonna go have another go.....77 Bhp? o_O ? is it turbod / supercharged / n/a ? i cant belive you....lol i was well pleased.

Back