Nissan UK Le Mans 2012 Challenge

Hi All,

Being a car enthusiast and someone that works within the industry I know how much useful information is stored and shared on owners forums such as this one!

This is why I've signed up to tap into this golden resource as I hunt down my next gem of a used car :)

I work at Nissan's UK head office and have entered the 'Nissan Deltatribe Challenge'. Your probably wondering what this has got to do with me joining the forum. Well, as part of the competition we have to form teams and create our very own Nissan Deltawing. Me and 2 colleagues are up against many others, but they appear to be using their very own company cars (Juke/Qashqai's). We are hoping to be different and actually go and buy our very own Micra masterpiece. Cost is obviously and issue so we've set a £500 budget. This means we are looking at a Micra K11/Almera/Primera.

The prize involves driving in convoy with the Top Gear magazine mob, as they are also creating their very own Nissan Deltawing - http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/deltawing-le-mans-replica-2012-05-17

I would therefore be wise to assume that our vehicle (if selected) will enjoy a fair amount of magazine and web coverage as a result of teaming up with the Top Gear convoy. If any of you could kindly suggest any suitable Nissan's (preferably a K11) then please PM me or reply. On another note, if any of you guys have any spare parts of would like to have some of your decals on the vehicle in trade for parts etc then again please get in touch.

I don't want to give too much away as our rivals at work may well be reading this thread :) but if you want to know how we are going to approach the rather tall ask of turning a Micra into a Nissan Deltawing racecar then please drop me a line!

Ciao for now :)

Sorry - here is the challenge that was set........

Top Gear magazine have set themselves a challenge to build their version of the Nissan DeltaWing and drive it to Le Mans for the race weekend. We would like you to do the same and join them for the convoy down to the event.

We want you to turn your car into your very own version of the DeltaWing, take it to Le Mans and be part of the DeltaTribe. You can check out how Top Gear are getting on with their replica DeltaWing here - http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/deltawing-le-mans-replica-2012-05-17.

You can add wings, sticker packs or even a Batman style cape - anything that you think will achieve the DeltaWing look. If you are planning to use your Nissan company car, you need to ensure that any modifications are completely reversible and won’t damage the car. Other than that, anything goes and there will be a prize for the best car!

I completely agree but we will be lucky to find one within budget ahead of the deadline date :)

You'd probably be able to pick up a Primera GT within that budget, my first GT was £700 a few years back and the second one I had was £300, I also picked up a Primera eZX for £200!

Good luck with the challenge, it's a shame I don't have any of my old Nissans to hand! :)

James.

Almera will be a pit of rust. I got a totally mint P11GT for £300.

Gotta admit, still a lot of car for the cash. Quite mad really.

thanks for the spot, I noticed that one as well. Great value and would be tempted to of kept that one myself, even after Le Mans! (if we are successful).

It was a little short on MOT though. We are submitting our proposal to the organisers tomorrow and should of heard back by this time next week............. at which point (it will hopefully) be SEARCH on!

Back