got pulled by police this morning

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
word of warning to people in the midlands i got pulled by the police on my way to work today for incorectly spaced numberplates
they were p1 5wad instead of p15 wad
petty i know but luckly they didn`t fine me i just gotta put the standard ones back on an go to an mot center to get a form signed but they seem to be coming down pretty hard in this area on stuff like this so thought i`d warn everyone this was in burton on trent (staffordshire police)

just stick to the law, then you'll be fine. IMO anyone without correct UK plates should be fined straight away. And if caught again id throw 6 points on their licence.

*edit: Dont give me any "what if its a french car with french plates" type rubbish :p

to be honest though its not like the letters were a cm high or anything. its still perfectly visible so its not really that much of a problem.

does that mean ur gonna change your forum name too! :p

I believe it's for the purpose of automatic number plate recognition.

Also, when you buy a plate that's not legal for the road, you are specifically told they are not for road use.

So, I agree with Ian, instant penalty for non-legal plates, as you know they're illegal and it's intentional.

And if caught again id throw 6 points on their licence.

All I can say is I am so glad you have no position of power over matters like this.

People who say things like that should be forced to take the bus!

i just dont get why you want a numberplate that says pi**wad.. i have to agree it is silly about the spacing as long as its readable and in the correct font does it matter where the space is?

well im glad the police are as always focussing their efforts on highly critical matters as always but yeah might aswell just put standards on so it doesnt cost you anything in the future lol

Lucky you didnt get fined :) my mates no. plate spells his first name and surname initial and when he got pulled he said it was the previous owners plate and he was about to get it changed! This was a week after he got the car but the cops just didnt put 2+2 together! :)

Just be glad they didn't report you to the DVLA, the DVLA have the power to remove your entitlement to that plate if your caught misrepresenting your issued plate.

the originals have gone back on now and will be staying on as it`s just easier not to bother with the hassel of changing and getting the forms signed and going to the police station to show them my documents the non legal ones will be kept for show use and i would advise anyone in a similar position to do the same i was lucky the cops round here are mostly good an don`t bother but i`m not taking the risk again

the numberplate is blanked as that is a photo of the day i got the car when it had the original reg on it and so stops anyone looking on here finding the reg cloning a car with that reg an either selling it or going through speed cameras as the reg technically still belongs to me an so all fines would come to me if that reg were used on the road
long winded but i hope that explains it i was advised to when i got a set of plates nicked last year

there are loads of problems with number plates in my area, people using screws and tape to change how they appear, font changes and everything... but mostly get away with it (the glory of the west yorkshire police force there)
one example is a doctor has a BMW, and his plate should read C11 UEK, but hes incorecctly spaced them and put a black screw between 1 and 1, and a yellow screw over the E so it looks like it says CHUCK. this has gone on for a long time and it cheeses me off because people do it to avoid speed cameras, and PNC checks to see if their insured or not, whereas when i pass my test (on tuesday :D) i'll be going through all the correct procedures and following all the laws, and it will probably feel like theres no point in doing it the right way

the problem with plates is

P15 WAD is one plate

P1 5WAD is a totaly diffrent reg, usualy irish, so a number plate recognition machine will think its a totaly diffrent vehicle to what it is, or just not be able to read it at all.

Back