Got one!

Hi all,

After much searching for a micra i've finally found one, not quite what I hoped for but it's ok. I was looking for a later (98>) one but didn't quite find one for the price of 800 (time was running out to get a replacement for my zx anyway).

So we went for a metallic blue 5 door 1995 (N) 1.3 LX. It's erm, cute, no airbags as i hoped. I'll get some pics up soon. It's a clean car, but the engine bay needs a good scrub with degreaser. There seems to be a misfire too, I reckon the likely culprit would be the dizzy cap/module, it's had new plugs, and leads rarely fail in my experience.

Also the clutch has slipped 3 times today. Does it just need adjusting or would I need a new one? They aren't too expensive are they, how hard is it to change the clutch?

Thanks

Thats spot on there, i mean the technique you found.

It has slipped a few times when i floored it in 3rd/4th mostly, classic symptom of slipping clutch.

So all i need to do it get some access underneath and unbolt it from the engine? no messing about with taking the driveshaft out etc? It does use a bit of fuel too, but before blaming the clutch (which i will change anyway), i'll change the fuel filter, the tyres were a bit very low too.

It's very nice to drive though, feels more solid than i'dve expected.

Thanks frank.

deian

the only bit you have to crawl under the car for, is the rear mount (i jacked the o/s wheel right up, then dropped it back down after)
and i found the planks under the wheels gave the ideal height

Back