Got one........

Said I was going to and I have:), my first Micra - bless. Bit dark ATM for any pics but I will do my best over the weekend. Anyway.......

1.0L, R reg, red, 3 door and very clean for the age I think (well was!) and with a long MOT and a little tax, lots of paperwork/old MOT's etc. Insurance is very cheap (I'm old) so mainly good. The last owner seemed to have loved it a little bit because a half decent stereo has been fitted and the calipers and drums have been painted red plus black steelies. Getting about 45mpg.

After my first motorway trip all however was not well. Over 50mph and the steering wheel shook badly and road noise increased - totaly shot N/S wishbone and ball joint! (so much for that long MOT). This was sorted for a very fair price and I can now do a massive 65mph before it all goes into a panic once more. It could be the O/S ball joint but I would have thought the garage would have checked, what about tracking? (O/S front tire is scrubbed a bit) would that show up these 'problems', and my steering wheel is not straight! In truth it's a very tiring car to drive in it's present state and I have to do a long trip to work and back so I'm not 100% happy.

I need to find time to get it in and looked at because I do plan on keeping it, assuming I can get it to drive nice;).

More to come.....

Good luck :). Not really sure what to suggest, but I hope you get it sorted, and can enjoy your Micra!

A mate is going to give it a good look over on Monday for my piece of mind and my other half took it for a 'road test' last night and confirmed that while it's not 100% she had driven worse:D.

Checked the tyre pressures and O/S front was a little low (tyres also a bit stuffed) all of which can't help. My drive back from work today was better however so it's not all bad news. It's a question of settling down to the 'small car' thing.

Thanks anyway.

Back