Found one!!

It's for £795 off ebay, a facelift 1998 blue one in London (Chingford). This one will be a gamble.

It very far though (212 miles), and I can't go see it until Saturday, so it might go! And I was hoping to get some money for my heap privately, but I don't think it would be too much hassle to drive down and get £100 for mine.

Maybe I can save a bit on the lack of warranty, unless it has warranty, in which case I will try to turn it down it and get some money off the car, because i live too far to go back to the garage to get it fixed for whatever reason.

Hopefully I will be a true Micra driver soon. Problem is my wife isn't too keen on my sisters car, she's only been in it once, and she reckons it feels like a matchbox and unsafe. Lets be honest, a car with airbags and abs from 1998 is better than my 1992 Cit zx with no airbag or abs. She will grow to like it, hopefully.

Well this is what I always thought until someone crashed into my old bmw, plus i'm thinking of my wife really cos eventually she will get it, I'm actually going to see a better one tomorrow (t reg, 1.3 Si), it was still there last thing tonight, so i will call the guy early tomorrow morning to let him know were travelling up to see him, he said he'd hold it till we get there, nice guy huh!

We went to Newcastle to see one, it's on ebay, £799 it was for, it didn't have passenger airbag, didn't have cd player, no computer (do they even come with computers, trip type), the off-side driveshaft needed doing, door was not lining up to close properly, the offside front corner bumper had been re-sprayed, i reckon there was a hold in the exhaust too, rust spots around windscreen, dent and mad scratches on the drivers do onto the rear quarter panel, do metallic nissans come with non-metallic paint inside the engine bay etc, guy said they do that to keep costs down, oh and the key didn't open the door lock either, the guys excuse... the previous owner didn't use the key so it probably stiffened up, i know a stiff lock against a duff key, besides, what happens if the battery goes flat? Otherwise, it wasn't too bad, drove ok, braked ok etc, I'd say it may have been slow for a 1.3 myself. Funny thing is, the car wasn't too clean, but they put tyre magic on the wheels! That thing won't sell in my opinion, no one will pay £799 for that with the risk of fixing god knows what when the MOT runs out in Aug!

They guy didn't even try to sell it when i listed all the above! He gave up and said good luck, and walked off, we smiled and drove back home!

We went to Newcastle to see one, it's on ebay, £799 it was for, it didn't have passenger airbag, didn't have cd player, no computer (do they even come with computers, trip type), the off-side driveshaft needed doing, door was not lining up to close properly, the offside front corner bumper had been re-sprayed, i reckon there was a hold in the exhaust too, rust spots around windscreen, dent and mad scratches on the drivers do onto the rear quarter panel, do metallic nissans come with non-metallic paint inside the engine bay etc, guy said they do that to keep costs down, oh and the key didn't open the door lock either, the guys excuse... the previous owner didn't use the key so it probably stiffened up, i know a stiff lock against a duff key, besides, what happens if the battery goes flat? Otherwise, it wasn't too bad, drove ok, braked ok etc, I'd say it may have been slow for a 1.3 myself. Funny thing is, the car wasn't too clean, but they put tyre magic on the wheels! That thing won't sell in my opinion, no one will pay £799 for that with the risk of fixing god knows what when the MOT runs out in Aug!

They guy didn't even try to sell it when i listed all the above! He gave up and said good luck, and walked off, we smiled and drove back home!

Sounds very rough, but yes my SI was metalic blue/purple but had a black engine bay. This car sounds like its been crash damaged and repaired mate. If in doubt walk away

all micra k11's have a non mettalic engine bays...

rust spots around windscreen? :S for a facelift thats the first ive heard of rust in that area! lol

Back