Got new(ish) car :)

Most of you know that I really wanted a 160SR. But after 6 months of searching I couldn't get one. So last Monday I walked into my Toyota dealer and saw a 03 plate Yaris Phase 2 T-Sport in Thunder Grey. After looking and playing mind games I finally went in and brought the car. £6500 with only 12000 miles, and it's in superb nick.

What a lovely car, has a much more up market feel to it than my 1L Micra Profile. And it also has "Made In Japan" sticker on the windscreen, how cool is that.

I will miss my Micra :) sob!

I like Yaris's too. Make sure you have it serviced regular & beware of gearbox faults. Make sure you make the most from the sellers warantee. Put it through it's paces & find any faults you can. Better to get the garage to repair your car for free than pay the earth later.

My friend had a T Sport which developed a gearbox problem. The garage who he took it to told him it was a common fault & then gave him a £800+ quote & the car was only 4 years old.

The gearbox selector went AWOL. It kept getting stuck in gear. Not good if you are in the middle of a long journey & you can't get out of 1st.

I keep looking at T-sport Yaris's! Hope she doesnt let you down, & let us know how you get on with it in a few months etc down the line

Back