Take delivery of my new car Sunday :)

Hi all!

you probably know me as the guy with the Yaris diesel, but after an unfortunate accident with the screwdriver, turbo and 12,000 miles, the turbo went, took the engine with it. this wouldn't have been a problem, after i employed a garage to fix the car, got it back and it blew up again within 40 miles and they pulled a fast one.

pissed off or what??

so I can't touch my car now as its in an investigation etc etc, I found a 2004 on a 53 plate K12 1.0 E 3 door micra with 60k on the clock... for £1200!!!

12 months ticket and tax is due soon but 1200 is a steal considering its had 4 new tyres, brakes pads and timing chain was done 10k ago. owned by some old boy when my dad's mate got it in as a PX.

as this is gonna be a daily whilst the yaris gets sorted, i don't want to do much.

its the 1.0, what can you tell me about the engine? what filters (pref, panel filters) are available, any other decent mods?

what are the early micra's sound systems like? My dad test drove the car for me as I was at work at the time, and said its sweet.

thanks all in advance for any help!

Also, by the way, did nissan ever release any performance parts like Toyota did with the Yaris? like TTE springs and exhaust, would be nice to get some genuine nissan sports parts on the car!

Back