Got my licence back! yay!

Micra 110

Site Supporter
Just received my Licence today after a 6 month ban, a lot to do today. Got to get a quote for insurance and some TAX for the Car. As I've not been driving for such a long time I think I'll book myself in to have a couple of evenings of lessons with some driving buffs ie ex-Police/IAM just to get back into the flow of it. :D

It was a couple of things.
Basically I got caught driving a Vehicle which was not insured even though I 'thought' it was Insured which of course is no defence. For that I received 8 points. I already had 6 points for 2 speeding offences. So that's 14 points in all and under he totting up scheme I got a ban for 6 months and to top it off i also received a £150 fine. I lost my job which made me lose at least £4K
including Bus fares....and not forgetting the £120 to get the car out of the pound.

The Book was well and truly thrown....:glare:

After Phoning around for some Insurance I've found that I may as well have been Drink driving as Driving without Insurance comes under the same section/catagory......wtf?

It seems that I am now a Leper in the Insurance world for a simple mistake. grr

may I also add that I've been Driving for more than 12 years and I've never claimed or been in an accident but I suppose that doesn't count.

The Law is clearly defective in some ways; being under the impression that the vehicle is insured, yet you are still giving the punishment over a simple misunderstanding is ridiculous.

Yes I agree....well I would wouldn't I? :laugh:

Being brain dead at the time of the offence does not cut it with the Fascists

Well I would advise you to be more careful on the road and a little more knowledgable of the details of the car you're driving but you're 22 years older than I am! So anything I tell you, you will already know (And would be somewhat disrespectful..)! Anyways, good luck and have fun.

Well I would advise you to be more careful on the road and a little more knowledgable of the details of the car you're driving but you're 22 years older than I am! So anything I tell you, you will already know (And would be somewhat disrespectful..)! Anyways, good luck and have fun.

:laugh: I like what you did there! cheers :)

The day it happened I was all over the shop doing errands for my mum, I just didn't think but yeah after all the years I've driving I should've known better :doh:

Still, I've now got some Insurance, Just got to get some Tax and we'll be away WOOHOO!!!

Just glad the nightmare is over.

It's clean but the 2 points over are still 'live' and can be used against any other convictions, not I really want to go that route again.

I've just found this, so true!

Mean Time Between Stupid Events

MTBSE is understandable by almost everyone—particularly in the Monday morning rush.
MTBSE ruins your reputation.
MTBSE applies to humans as it measures their failure rates of both commission and omission.

Mathematically, MTBSE = (Summation of time)/(Summation of stupid events).

Stupid events are those situations you’d rather forget if your performed them. They’re situations where you exclaim: “What were they thinking when they did that!” They’re irrational events performed by usually rational people that result in severe embarrassment.

Of course that would not be accepted by the court in any circumstance.

So I've been MTBSE'd :laugh:

Back