Licence Expiry

Just a quickie as most of you are probably aware, but just discovered the photo on my licence expires in April and it might be worth checking yours. If you look at the photocard section 4b says when your photo expires, better to pay £20 to get it changed than risk a fine of up to a grand.

Probably for the best to, my licence shows me as a fresh-faced, shaven-headed 17 year old yet now I've got almost 2ft long dreadies and a beard and look nothing like the photo!

Hope it saves some of you from getting caught out - Be interesting to see who has the most out of date photo!

About a year ago at work someone realised that they expire after 10 years. Everyone checked theirs and one of the guys found it was 2 years out of date :eek:. My paper one looks like the dead sea scroll and expires when I'm 78 :D.

Mine expires at the end of February, I kinda knew this but thanks for the reminder! I need to renew my passport too!

I look like a NED In mine or as most you will say a chav?
I understand NED :p... (Non-Educated Delinquents ;)) my mum grew up in Govan... spiritual home of the NED LOL

I'm just 16 in my photo, and have no eyebrows...no really, it's horrid! *facepalm*
Mine needs changing in June this year...can't wait <_<

ETA:
...I need to renew my passport too!

Eeepp...Me too...and that's another £50 i think? o_O

I'm just 16 in my photo, and have no eyebrows...no really, it's horrid! *facepalm*

:D:DLOL,

Proof?

So what does the expiry even mean? It can't mean your licence is invalid since you have a paper counterpart which doesn't expire till your about 70?
I always assumed once it expired it couldn't be used for proof of address/DOB etc until it was renewed.

So what does the expiry even mean? It can't mean your licence is invalid since you have a paper counterpart which doesn't expire till your about 70?
I always assumed once it expired it couldn't be used for proof of address/DOB etc until it was renewed.
Paper ones didn't really need to expire, but I'd wager that anyone who's had a license 10 years and had their photo taken when they first got their provisional at 16 looks pretty different now than they did then! My photo (and by the sounds of it Jen's too!) attests to that!

Paper ones didn't really need to expire, but I'd wager that anyone who had their photo taken when they first got their provisional at 16 looks pretty different now than they did then! My photo (and by the sounds of it Jen's too!) attests to that!

I dunno?...people that meet me can't believe I'm 26...they all think I'm still only 18, 19 at a push...and my eyebrows are still, admittedly, rather sparse :p
it's just a horrid picture...I hope I look better now, but I'm not sure I'm much different ^_^

I dunno?...people that meet me can't believe I'm 26...they all think I'm still only 18, 19 at a push...and my eyebrows are still, admittedly, rather sparse :p
it's just a horrid picture...I hope I look better now, but I'm not sure I'm much different ^_^
Alright for some! :p

Then:
Uzebn.png

Now:
RZELX.png

I have the same photo on my passport too and it causes some funny looks at customs!

I've seen worse :p
My brothers old college ID card photo was...well I thought it was cool at the time...his friends didn't...
he had worn a long sleeved t-shirt that had red and black stripes...and the way the photo was cropped he seemed to be wearing Captain Jean-Luc Picard's Federation uniform ^_^

I've seen worse :p
My brothers old college ID card photo was...well I thought it was cool at the time...his friends didn't...
he had worn a long sleeved t-shirt that had red and black stripes...and the way the photo was cropped he seemed to be wearing Captain Jean-Luc Picard's Federation uniform ^_^

i thought you were going to say this fellow
article-1206010-060aa8e3000005dc-538_224x2851.jpg

Random birthday fact: I went to a fancy dress party a few years ago as Jean Luc Picard!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paper ones didn't really need to expire, but I'd wager that anyone who's had a license 10 years and had their photo taken when they first got their provisional at 16 looks pretty different now than they did then! My photo (and by the sounds of it Jen's too!) attests to that!

I don't know, I look slightly wiser than when I was 16... Doesn't mean I am

Last time I used my passport (which is well expired now!) I almost got denied entry to spain as when the photo was taken I had short, gel infested hair, that had blue hair dye in it, and I was about 12, and in person I had shoulder-length messy hair, and was 16 haha. They pulled me aside and made me lift up my hair so they could examine my ears and after 15 minutes relented!

My driving license isn't too bad considering I don't photograph well, I do look a bit different now, but it was only 2 and a half years ago that I got it, so not too badly. But I've got another 7 years before it renews so god knows how I'll look then!

Then & Now

photo.jpg

Alright for some! :p

Then:
Uzebn.png

Now:
RZELX.png

I have the same photo on my passport too and it causes some funny looks at customs!

Still dodgy! ;)

My photo is no better, as they squashed by photo horizontally instead of cropping it, so I look ridiculously thin and nothing like I do now. I was almost denied exit from Russia because of that one.....kinda scary in itself!

Back