GOD DAMN IT!!!!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i just got a call from the company next door saying that they had droped a ton of plastic on someones car. I went down becuase I already know it would be my car because I have been working hard lately in the snow trying to get it looking smart for the brighton meet.

so i get down to the ground floor and say to the guy, "i hope you haven't dropped anything on my car" and he goes "well as long as your car isn't the little red micra"

so i go outside and look at how the whole front end is smashed up. the one ton roll of perspex had fallen of a fork lift and landed on the ground infront of my car and then fallen onto the bonnet. they said that if it had fallen straight onto the bonnet then it would have been a write off.

i'm not happy. on the up side they pay for something i was already half way through fixing ;)

so should we be glad or upset for you?? Bad tha it happened, cool they paying to fix it. Sorry to hear it, we should keep some sort of tally to peoples cars that been damaged in the snow. I think 3/4o far? But really dude, sorry to hear it

Thats pretty ****ty mate. At least they said, better than going back and finding that someone has done it, and left no details.
:kungfu:

yea at least im getting cash :)

but it's so ironic that the one time i want the car looking good and this happens Grr

anyway here's a pic
10-1 copy.JPG

it's more the internals that are all screwed up

that's how i knew it was my car.... really i was just waiting for it to happen

its pushed the lock back, recked the bonnet, broken the grill, pushed the headlights back which have buckled the side pannels. all the frame stuff inside is bent and it's squashed the radiator and broken the fan ARGH!!!!!

hahaha yea, i forgot to mention how it crushed the two ltr turbo engine, and i had just installed a £100,000 diamond in the nissan badge :devil:

if its broke all of the chasis inside it could be a write off. Could cost ££££ to fix. May as well get them to buy you a new car and transfer all your mods over, then break your existing car for parts to make some money back :D

Ian

i'm still coming to the meet if the radiator isn't damaged. the car still runs and it doesn't look like its leaking. i have a new bonnet etc but i don't know if it's all gonna fit together :)

even if my car is undrivable i might be able to borrow my mums k12 :)

hmmm two days to sort my car.... it's gonna be close hehe

i'll drop by the garage in an hour or so and see what they say.... i hope it's not a write off because i just spent a weekend on jacks with a drill putting lights on the bottom..... it would take months to transfer mods hmmmm

ouch! Make sure u get it all done professionally tho! If the headlights arnt fixed properly it could be impossible to adjust them which wud make it fail its MOT.
Isint it the worst when things are just going good, and then this happens! I had just paid off all my debts so i would have nothing to worry about while on holidays, the week before i left, someone crashed into me, which somehow thru some loophole worked out to be my fault so i had that on my mind all holiday!
Well hope it works out for u anyway!
Gud luck!

thanks guys :)

i knew it was going to happen. i sent off aload of stuff to the painters thinking it would never be done in time but they said they'd have it all done by friday so everything was perfect and going my way, which obviously means something is about to go wrong... so i was carfully pulling out and driving slowly. i thought that it would happen on the way to brighton with the snow and stuff. the last thing i was expecting was some drunken dude with a fork lift dropping a ton of 3 micron perspex on the bonnet o_O

I'm gonna get the garage to give the front end a full overhaul and charge them. my boss had already waned the guys next door so he is gonna see if they can chuch an extra £100 on top for inconvinance...

but as Ian said it could be a write off because the frame is all welded on so it's gonna take a bit of effort to put right....

Ah well, i'll see how it goes :)

not a right off matey.
the price to fix wont come to what it will cost to replace the front end there.
you can respot weld all the front end. as it is not classed as the chassis.
this can be done for a few hundred aswell.

are the actuall chasiss LEGS that are bent. of just the inner lining??

any internal piccies

let me see what i can do, just need to get some more batterys for the camera....

yeah mate, looks similar to mine although mine wasnt so bad internally, the front member is knackered but if you go to www.sel-imperial.co.uk and order the front panel off them and get the garage to whack it in it should be cool. This is what i done, mine is going into the garage tomorrow to get it welded into place (Wayne, have you got my pm about that yet?) Pretty similar damage really but dont tihnk it will be a right off. Anyways, hope it all goes to plan matey. This is what mine looks like:

http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/files/10-PICT0316.JPG
http://www.moddedmicras.co.uk/upload/exif.php?image=9-PICT0313.JPG

oh yeah, if u do gop to sel eimperial, send them an email before saying that you had a better quote from somewhere else and i guarantee they will beat it

Nope the camera's not having any of it.... it's so old the drivers are on floppy !

i did have a picture of the huge rolls of plastic that did the damage but i can't get them off the camera...

i'll have to take some pics when i get home.

you know the bit that the radiator attaches to? that is twisted round and the vertical bar which has the latch on it is buckled into an S shape.

i can twist it back but i'll always know it's not perfect and i'm a perfectionist.... but if they're paying then i'll get it done Pro!

looks nasty big ben... oh yea and i gave you that web address hehe thanks mate,

bloody hell, loads of micras are gettin hit and smashed latley, i think that is about the 3rd in 2 weeks!..

hope you can repair it ok!

yea i'll keep yall posted, except for the people at the meet who will be able to see the damage :)

Back