Gears difficult to change when the car warms up (k11, 2002 tempest)

Hi guys,
So, after getting a clutch cable swapped out (old one snapped), I'm having problems with my gears. The car is absolutely perfect when the engine is cold, however, once the engine reaches temperature, it becomes quite difficult to get it into 1st or 2nd gear, and if I try to put it into reverse, even with the clutch fully disengaged, it crunches. There are a number of things I've had done recently which may be a contributing factor:

-When the clutch cable snapped, the guy from the recovery company started it up in first so he could move it to a safer place.
-The clutch cable was replaced, but it is correctly adjusted
-Not long before the clutch cable went I had a service, and the transmission fluid was changed (low/wrong type?) but I don't think this would be the issue because the mechanic who does it for me is very good.

Any Ideas?

Hi guys,
So, after getting a clutch cable swapped out (old one snapped), I'm having problems with my gears. The car is absolutely perfect when the engine is cold, however, once the engine reaches temperature, it becomes quite difficult to get it into 1st or 2nd gear, and if I try to put it into reverse, even with the clutch fully disengaged, it crunches. There are a number of things I've had done recently which may be a contributing factor:

-When the clutch cable snapped, the guy from the recovery company started it up in first so he could move it to a safer place.
-The clutch cable was replaced, but it is correctly adjusted
-Not long before the clutch cable went I had a service, and the transmission fluid was changed (low/wrong type?) but I don't think this would be the issue because the mechanic who does it for me is very good.

Any Ideas?
Many things to look for, gearlinkage may need oiling ? the cable will need adjusting ? And also wrong oil can cause it not going in gears so maybe worth a check

Sent from my iPhone using T

I would say that the clutch cable is not properly adjusted and because of this, the clutch isn't disengaging properly... it's easier when it's cold because the clutch parts expand a bit when they get warm....

Back