Gearbox Woes

Hi All

New here!

I've just got back from a purchase of a lovely K10 Colette, its the 1.0 and she's in stunning condition.
It drove faultlessly on the way home, which was over 100 mile, considering the car hasn't been used much in the last 3 years (300 mile!)

About a mile away from home the car decided it didn't want to go into 3rd and 4th.

I'm thinking it might be the linkages, But never having had one of these before I need to know how they are set correctly, can anyone help me?

Theres a couple of other things I have noticed too, such as the steering is rather vague, and it does need a full set of tyres as they're cracking. It has 1 of the original tyres on there from the looks of it (87 model!)

I'll see about getting some pictures up tomorrow when its stopped raining!

Cheers Guys :)

I've sorted the problem, wasnt anything major :)

Anyway, As promised some pictures of the beast!

Heres a few pictures I took today, this is as it was when I collected it.

To say I was pleased with the purchase would be an understatement! It has covered 53k, its as straight as anything, no rust and its almost immaculate!

I thought it would be a good idea to give it a good service today, as in the past 4 years its drove about 400 mile. I had a shock when I bought the bits to service it.

Oil filter - £4
Fuel filter - £2.85
Air filter - £3.92
4 NGK Spark plugs - £7.32
Rotor arm & Dizzy cap - £11.48
Fan belt - £4.32
Cam Belt - £4.90!!!! - Yes, really!
Gearbox oil (5l) - £12.48
Engine oil (5l) - £9.65

So i set about giving it a good service, and a good clean. I've taken it out for a nice long drive and all I can say is that its perfect!

cost £40 to fill up, and does about 100 mile to quarter of a tank and thats driving it like i stole it.

This is Colette all clean and shiny

Its quite different from my other car to drive, Its the first carb'd car i've owned and my initial plans were to use it as a run around whilst i'm doing a t16 conversion in my Rover BRM.
However, after having a good drive of this, I think i might end up keeping both of them - Does need new tyres though, and i've checked the steering for play, theres none... Is it normal the steering is so unresponsive?

Cheers Guys!

I hadn't thought of the tracking, but come to think about it... it is out by a mile so thats probably it!

Such a fun car to drive, A few years back a friend had a k11 1.0 and it was brilliant, but i've always fancied one of the 10's.

Not bad for a car I found unseen off eBay though, I'm well happy with it :)

Back