Parking Woes

Gah just gotta get this off my chest. Where I live most houses have at last a double drive. Those who don't tend to have only one, or no cars. One house over the road has 4 cars on the drive, and one more that parks opposite us by the kerb.

Because we currently have 3 cars (one being sold) the one being sold is on the kerb outside our house - not blocking anyone's drive, or adding difficulty to their parking. Cos I'm considerate.

I've come home late tonight and find him parked opposite so that not only can cars barely squeeze through (God forbid the emergency services have to get by) but I had a right old job getting onto my drive.

I could move the third car of ours - but in doing so I'm just giving him carte blanche to continue being a <RUDEWORD>, and besides there's nowhere anywhere near I can put it, not to mention I am parked legally and was there first - he's blocking someone's drive and the road.

I've heard someone else on a couple of occasions tell him to move when he's parked there, and they're already parked on our side, and he's told them "I always park here" and considered that the end of it.

I'll move it to my nan's driveway (about 4 miles away) tomorrow, so there's no further problem. But really - why do people act this way? He coulda parked in front of his own drive and avoided any difficulty.

Some people are just born unthinking and inconsiderate. Can't stand 'em either grr.

I had that sort of thing where I used to live, a bloke moaning when I parked my old car in the communal carpark for a few days while it was on eBay saying that it was illegal because it was sorned, even though it was a private carpark and he never even parked in there he parked on the road most of the time!

Morning folks! I'm glad I'm not alone in my distaste for these kinds of actions. Last night I just needed to rant, it did upset me knowing that everyone trying to get by would be blaming my car as much as his. Well unless they were smart and could see clearly I was parked properly. Still being a brabus, hopefully it'll be snapped up soon

I had that sort of thing where I used to live, a bloke moaning when I parked my old car in the communal carpark for a few days while it was on eBay saying that it was illegal because it was sorned, even though it was a private carpark and he never even parked in there he parked on the road most of the time!

you remember all the crap i got from the crazy woman that kept parking awkwardly to "make a point"

thought you were talking about me then, 4 cars on the drive (well a van an MPV and 2 cars) and 1 parked opposite side of road lol

A month or so back I was parked between my mums house and her neighbours house, my dads car in front and the neighbours behind me. I had to go out to do some shopping when I got back my mums neighbour had moved his car so I couldnt get back in where I was, ok I thought to myself and being the bigger man I parked elsewhere as parking on my mums road is a first come first served kinda thing.... A few weeks later the road was completely empty so to get a bit of revenge I parked right outside his house (yep there went my moral high ground), as I got out of the car he opened his living room window and demanded I moved it, after an exchange of polite :laugh: words I locked the car and went inside.

The problem is both him and my dad think that just because it's outside their houses they can park there when the is zero designated parking spaces

A month or so back I was parked between my mums house and her neighbours house, my dads car in front and the neighbours behind me. I had to go out to do some shopping when I got back my mums neighbour had moved his car so I couldnt get back in where I was, ok I thought to myself and being the bigger man I parked elsewhere as parking on my mums road is a first come first served kinda thing.... A few weeks later the road was completely empty so to get a bit of revenge I parked right outside his house (yep there went my moral high ground), as I got out of the car he opened his living room window and demanded I moved it, after an exchange of polite :laugh: words I locked the car and went inside.

The problem is both him and my dad think that just because it's outside their houses they can park there when the is zero designated parking spaces

believe me i know that oh so well!

Back