gearbox refill

O

Oboema

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question, i want te refill my gearbox. Haynes says to unscrew the speedocable, but mine looks slightly different. And i can only disconnect the cable, not the little plate around it.
Just disconnecting the cable doesn't give me a real opening, so do I have to find a way to get the plate around it off? There is a srcew that mounts the little plate to the box, but unscrewing doesn't seem to loosen the plate. The oil has been changed recently by the dealer, so it shouldn't be that stuck.
Is there any other way to fill the gearbox?

Thanks!

To remove the plug you need to remove the bolt that holds the plate into place and then pull on the speedo cable (as long as it's still attatched to the plate) to remove the whole thing. The plug can be very stiff though, so what I do is (once I've removed the bolt) to use a flat head screw driver to twist the plate round so that part of the bolt hole on the gearbox is half visible and then I stick my screwdriver in the hole, and lever up the plate whilst pulling on the speedo cable.

Haven't desribed it very well so if you need a diagram let me know and I'll draw you one later.

Went right out and tried it, worked like a charm. Thanks for the help and quick reply man!!

Excellent, glad I could help.

Well...that's my good deed for the day, now I need to go and kill a granny to restore the balance. ;)

Back