gearbox options

basically i want to keep my 1.3 - 1.o g/box set up but as my gearbox has had it....

is there anything i can do for something different keeping it simple.... but keeping its acceleration and motorway friendly...

something like a dog box would be brilliant but well out my range!

either that or someone who knows there gearboxes i need help... im going to wales in may (next months) and this needs to be sorted by then....

if nothing can be done im going to sell the car for sure

ebay... there is a 1300 set of close ratio dog box gears and bearings from K6PFS (peters) old rally car, get yarself on fleabay and type in micra rally.
£300 notes and an old 1300 casing and you can have you acceleration and strength for peanuts.:grinning:

i dont really have that much and then id need the new casting... shafts, flywheel, clutch, gear linkage etc for that :/

go scrappy's tell them what it is,,,,,,(price) and facelift box shafts flywheel and support is yours
HOLD ON pjg is selling his stuff too

thats 1.4 stuff though

anywho scrappers would charge like 200 quid for this stuff i think a bog standard gbox swap will be the answer.... i found one on ebay will 98-00 gbox be okay for my 1993

And I think the only difference in that eBay one is that it will be a digital speed sensor where as yours will be mechanical. Dunno if there swappable...

i think pollyp will know this i think the mechanical one simply needs to be filed down....

i would take it scott but 130k is what the gbox im using had on it and look at it now! haha

im going to see what mat h says tomorrow... as i like this set up but i want something which gives a better top end....

and all that helps i have 150quid to my name (Y)

Haha. Well if you want it then gimme a shout.

I wonder if the gearstacks are swappable to get the long ratio 5th and the acceleration of a 1.0

Haha. Well if you want it then gimme a shout.

I wonder if the gearstacks are swappable to get the long ratio 5th and the acceleration of a 1.0

i think i saw a thread recently about that i was thinking that as a refurb option

if it can be done inside my 1.0 casting then it'll be brilliant

oh thank you r-reg i was looking for that exact one... now if only i knew how on earth to do that i would love to... id go for the one in the 1ltr cassting so it makes life simples!

anyone up for it or is it worth giving mat h a ring tomorrow to see if he can do it? this way i can keep this box rebuild it and make it different at the same time!

Right i spoke to mat h and he said gear arent interchangable at all!

But he does have a 1ltr box same as mine for 200 which has done less thank 30k?

Is that reasonable?

Right i spoke to mat h and he said gear arent interchangable at all!

But he does have a 1ltr box same as mine for 200 which has done less thank 30k?

Is that reasonable?

there isnt much difference between the ratio,s of the type 41 and type 30 1.3 will (the 1.3 3rd and 4th are a bit taller)
there,s more difference between the facelift 1.0 and the 1.3 ones

well as said he wants 200£ for it.... but not offering warrenty... im going to call him again tomorrow and explain and if not warrenty ill get the price down a little as 200£ is alot of money for me... almost 2 weeks wages :S

also which im there im goign to see if he can find out why im getting such poor economy!

Back