K11 Uprated Clutch Options?

Hi guys,
Seems like no one is going to buy my forged turbo pistons so im thinking i may just used them myself and go for proper power out of my turbo set-up.
gonna run about 10-12 psi (about the limit of the T2 as far as i know) so looking at about 170lb/ft of torque? but now im thinking im going to need a clutch that can handle that sort of touque.
So the question is: What are my options when it comes to clutches that can cope with my intended setup? im not looking to spend loads and loads. is the 1.6 'box an option?
any advice would be great,
cheers (Y)

how about a 190mm GA16 friction plate (shamfered on 1 side) and a GA14 pressure plate ed ?
and i think the 1.6 g/box has a bigger inner c/v spline

how about a 190mm GA16 friction plate (shamfered on 1 side) and a GA14 pressure plate ed ?
and i think the 1.6 g/box has a bigger inner c/v spline
would you use that with the cg13 'box? any idea what sorta torque that could handle?

hmmm, so your saying that the ga14 clutch with ga16 pressure plate will fit the cg 'box? Im not too worried about the box itself as i dont think il be making that much power.

hmmm, so your saying that the ga14 clutch with ga16 pressure plate will fit the cg 'box? Im not too worried about the box itself as i dont think il be making that much power.

i believe matt sent shero a 190mm friction plate by mistake ed (should have been an uprated 180mm 1.3 one) and when he fitted it the clutch was dragging (catching the pressure plate, but apparently would have cleared if it had been shamfered 45deg on the pressureplate side)
so..... if my 160mm clutch copes with near 100hp, a 180mm one should cope with about 140hp + i reckon, and a 190mm one 160hp+ ?

When i ran my T20 garrett with 8psi i bought a organic paddle clutch from Matt.........I think it was orginally made for paul or sum1 at the time but it was brand new so give him a ring.

alright mate, like frank said(Y) I have 2 spare clutches. One is the 3 paddle helix set up, (pressure plate and bearing and clutch plate) and the other is just a helix clutch plate. I have both for sale if your interested, I know stani ran the helix kit on his turbo'd micras and never had any problem, and it obviously was fine on my super s for the week I had it on. it can cope with lots of power, and if you want just the 190mm one you will need to modify the pressure plate to make it work i think.
let me know if thell be any use to you.

Mine runs a 1.6 pressure plate and release bearing with the helix paddle clutch, hasnt slipped so far...just gotta learn to drive slightly differently so you dont wear it away so quickly haha.

Mine runs a 1.6 pressure plate and release bearing with the helix paddle clutch, hasnt slipped so far...just gotta learn to drive slightly differently so you dont wear it away so quickly haha.

Did you had to redrill the flywheel to suit the 1.6 pressure plate? And the spline on the 1.6 clutch disc its the same as CG gearbox?

Did you had to redrill the flywheel to suit the 1.6 pressure plate? And the spline on the 1.6 clutch disc its the same as CG gearbox?

iirc its a straight swap over (deffo didnt have to drill anything though)...matt humphris advised on fitting it, as apparently its something they usually run on the rally micras. Can get you the part number for the 1.6 stuff i used if you like (if it'll help) though i think its from a 1.6 sunny...turned out it was cheaper to buy a full clutch kit, so ive got a spare clutch disc sitting around aswell. :)

i think there are various 18 tooth spline/shaft clutches, 1.0/1.3/1.4/1.6 k11/sunny/almera/primera ranging from 180mm, 190mm and 200mm

iirc its a straight swap over (deffo didnt have to drill anything though)...matt humphris advised on fitting it, as apparently its something they usually run on the rally micras. Can get you the part number for the 1.6 stuff i used if you like (if it'll help) though i think its from a 1.6 sunny...turned out it was cheaper to buy a full clutch kit, so ive got a spare clutch disc sitting around aswell. :)

Yes, i will appreciated if you provide the part numbers... (Y)

Had a dig about and the only part number i can find is for the clutch disc itself (guess ive chucked the whole kit part number :( )...but it might help you narrow it down (i guess so long as that part number is in the kit it should fit) :)

Part number is for a Blue Print clutch disc part : ADN13117

Blue print do have a live function thats supposed to let you view all the parts they stock, but ive not tried it :) Blueprint website

alright mate, like frank said(Y) I have 2 spare clutches. One is the 3 paddle helix set up, (pressure plate and bearing and clutch plate) and the other is just a helix clutch plate. I have both for sale if your interested, I know stani ran the helix kit on his turbo'd micras and never had any problem, and it obviously was fine on my super s for the week I had it on. it can cope with lots of power, and if you want just the 190mm one you will need to modify the pressure plate to make it work i think.
let me know if thell be any use to you.
Hi mate,
Would just like a bit more info about these clutches.

the 190mm one is just an uprated compound (not the 3 paddle helix one)? any idea what power its capable of handling? how much?

How much do you want for the helix 3 paddle set-up? what condition is it in? (not new i assume)?
cheers (Y)
Ed
P,S your inbox is full ;)

sounds very promising, yeah, im not sure about my driving style, dont think its clutch friendly at the moment.

Had a dig about and the only part number i can find is for the clutch disc itself (guess ive chucked the whole kit part number :( )...but it might help you narrow it down (i guess so long as that part number is in the kit it should fit) :)

Part number is for a Blue Print clutch disc part : ADN13117

Blue print do have a live function thats supposed to let you view all the parts they stock, but ive not tried it :) Blueprint website
cheers!

actually sorry guys ive got my info wrong...just checked over my old emails and its not a 1.6 the clutch setup is from an almera 1.4 (which is probably what that partnumber will have told you if youve checked it out yet :))

Almera 1.4 Pressure plate + helix paddle (suitable for 140bhp and maybe higher)

hope that helps and sorry for any confusion :)

Thanks Solarice, thats what i wanted to hear. (Y)

Talked with a friend that used to work at Nissan, on the Motorsport section, he says that they used the 1.4 clutch on the Trophy Micras (115hp), and they did a Works Micra (160hp) with that clutch (Nissan Sunny stock one), so it should be ok on ours... :grinning:

Thanks Solarice, thats what i wanted to hear. (Y)

Talked with a friend that used to work at Nissan, on the Motorsport section, he says that they used the 1.4 clutch on the Trophy Micras (115hp), and they did a Works Micra (160hp) with that clutch (Nissan Sunny stock one), so it should be ok on ours... :grinning:
stock sunny 1.4 clutch will handle 160bhp? thats impressive... and very good news.
edit: any idea which year they used baguete?

stock sunny 1.4 clutch will handle 160bhp? thats impressive... and very good news.
edit: any idea which year they used baguete?

You just need the pressure plate from the Sunny, but the disc has 190mm, the Micras has 180mm, better to use the Sunny disc eh... But i think that all GA14 clutches are the same, but you can order the later (GA14DE) Sunny clutch. Oh, and the Sunny 1.4 uses the same gearbox as CG13...

I am looking for a clutch for a 1.3 turbo .
I seriously doubht I will get more than 110-120hp ( maybe more if I m lucky..usually NOT ) .

Will the stock Sunny GA14DE clutch be good enough with the oem disc or should I use the helix paddle disc ?

I was thinking about getting the helix racing clutch kit , but it s a bit expensive .

I am looking for a clutch for a 1.3 turbo .
I seriously doubht I will get more than 110-120hp ( maybe more if I m lucky..usually NOT ) .

Will the stock Sunny GA14DE clutch be good enough with the oem disc or should I use the helix paddle disc ?

I was thinking about getting the helix racing clutch kit , but it s a bit expensive .
thats very modest power. i would have thought you would be fine with the ga14de clutch with oem ga14de disk.

Solarice its only using 0,7bar (supercharger) and it got almost 150hp, you will get more or less the same amount of power with a turbo. But the turbo gives some torque peak when the turbo spools, and gives a hard time to the clutch...

i was thinking why dont you get one of the exedy ones? not good enough?

It's a lot of money and Matt says its only good.for about 160lb/ft torque so no better than the ga14 setup. I dunno, seems like there is no full proof clutch available apart from the VERY expensive race one that Matt sells, forgotten how much but I remember thinking that it was way.over my budget.
Edit due to miss information. Mph says the helix clutch will hold 170-180 and his 200mm one is 500quid.

my exedy clutch has got a thinner diaphram than my luk ones and it slipped fwn
and GA 14 pressure plate + 190mm friction plate, and if it slips ed, fit a softer wastegate spring.... simples :grinning:

my exedy clutch has got a thinner diaphram than my luk ones and it slipped fwn
and GA 14 pressure plate + 190mm friction plate, and if it slips ed, fit a softer wastegate spring.... simples :grinning:

You might be right mate. As long as it will hold decent power its not going to be the weakest link, getting the power down probably will.
Gonna send you pm now.

I seriously doubht I will get more than 110-120hp .....
I MEANT to write 110-120whp on the Dynapack .
And I don t think this will come that easy seeing how little hp these Micras measure on the Dynapack .
Mine was only 47-48whp without airfilter & box, upgraded plugs with bigger gap and more ingnition advance .
I bet it would be under 44-45whp without these mods .
So I can t see it possible getting 120whp with a modest 0.6 bar boost with a Garrett GT2554R turbocharger .
Probably should be happy if it reaches over 100whp .

I might take get some decent zinter discs made if price is decent .
Helix are good but EXPENSIVE .

I will try with the ga14de clutch with oem ga14de disk for now .

I will also maybe get some thicker MLS cylinder head gaskets made .
So if anyone here are interested they can send me a PM .
Price for a small quantity of these will probably be over £120-130 a piece , so I don t think there will be any interest from members here .

Before I go spending money on it is the ga14de clutch a good option and if so from which year also does it take standard cg fly wheel please answer in simple terms my brains tired

the 1.4 almera was fitted with the RS5F30 micra gearbox karl, it would be interesting to compare the diaphram/spring thickness with a k11 one :grinning:

So I should buy one and hope for the best? If I do buy one would you fit it for me frank that way you'd be able to compare them

I spoke to Matt about the helix clutch I just got, look like its only good to about 120bhp:(:s but waiting for word from him as to another option he is working on.

I spoke to Matt about the helix clutch I just got, look like its only good to about 120bhp:(:s but waiting for word from him as to another option he is working on.

Thats strange, i think im near 125hp @ fly on my SR, and the stock clutch holds fine...

Attachments

• SDC10525.JPG
    SDC10525.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 1,403
Thats strange, i think im near 125hp @ fly on my SR, and the stock clutch holds fine...

That's because on a naturally aspirated engine such as the CG13 one reaches a maximum engine torque of around 100lb/ft, (this varies dependant on compression ratio and cam choice). Turbocharged CG13's can easily see around double that depending on boost, configuration and turbo. The clutch we run will handle around 205lb/ft with the current 318kg pressure plate and around 280lb/ft with a 380kg plate but this is a futureproof drivetrain, so a TOTAL overkill for an N/A setup.....it does however allow pretty spectacular launches, shame the tyres couldn't keep up at POD!

Matt sells a similar helix autosport 200mm kit now, but it's not cheap. Personally I wouldn't fit the 1.4 Almera plate and cover, even I killed one in 500miles. The AUS boys were using a larger uprated 190mm clutch and more than likely a paddle clutch but it may be possible to use an organic plate depending on clamp load and torque output. I know Frank is pretty much the master of trades when it comes to making things work with random Nissan parts, so I would follow that rather than my big budget approach, (I have deep pockets it seems!) ;)

low rider if you have deep pockets fancy buying me a decent clutch for when i boost the car.... pwease..... pretty pwease with a cherry on top (Y)(Y)

Yeah, suppose il just have to wait and see what the clutch can hold when i take it up to fusion. and if/when i want to upgrade il just have to look further at clutch options. possibly a 1.4 friction plate and 1.6 pressure plate with re-drilled flywheel to suit would work, would depend on weather the friction surfaces still lined up i guess. just such a pity the 1.6 friction plate has a different spline hole.

That's because on a naturally aspirated engine such as the CG13 one reaches a maximum engine torque of around 100lb/ft, (this varies dependant on compression ratio and cam choice). Turbocharged CG13's can easily see around double that depending on boost, configuration and turbo. The clutch we run will handle around 205lb/ft with the current 318kg pressure plate and around 280lb/ft with a 380kg plate but this is a futureproof drivetrain, so a TOTAL overkill for an N/A setup.....it does however allow pretty spectacular launches, shame the tyres couldn't keep up at POD!

Matt sells a similar helix autosport 200mm kit now, but it's not cheap. Personally I wouldn't fit the 1.4 Almera plate and cover, even I killed one in 500miles. The AUS boys were using a larger uprated 190mm clutch and more than likely a paddle clutch but it may be possible to use an organic plate depending on clamp load and torque output. I know Frank is pretty much the master of trades when it comes to making things work with random Nissan parts, so I would follow that rather than my big budget approach, (I have deep pockets it seems!) ;)
What clutch are you running then?

Yeah, suppose il just have to wait and see what the clutch can hold when i take it up to fusion. and if/when i want to upgrade il just have to look further at clutch options. possibly a 1.4 friction plate and 1.6 pressure plate with re-drilled flywheel to suit would work, would depend on weather the friction surfaces still lined up i guess. just such a pity the 1.6 friction plate has a different spline hole.

i think they,re the same spline ed, but the 1.6 has a bigger pcd for the cover bolts

i think they,re the same spline ed, but the 1.6 has a bigger pcd for the cover bolts

Really!? then all it would take is re-drilling the flywheel to accept the bigger pressure plate? sounds promising... but not for me because iv just shelled out 150 for the helix one haha.

i,ll be in possession of baguete,s f/w and clutch from dales ga16det soon ed, i,ll take some measurements eh :wasntme:

No problem mate :p

here,s your gear mate :grinning:
same size ring-gear, same spline, but different cover pcd (yours is bigger to accomodate the 190mm plate)
compared to a coilpack f/w (i dont have a 1.3 one), there is a bit less dish in the 1.6 f/w (5mm ish) but more protrusion of the friction plate centre spline (so the g/box spline will enter the plate by the same amount/depth)
and its a very light 3.2kg,s :cool:

Attachments

• SDC11675.JPG
    SDC11675.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 860
i am going to steal this slightly! im going for my 1.3 soon and i want a new clutch but something rippy and half decent without breaking the bank.... but im keeping my 1l gbox so any suggestions.... i know frank said about a luc one or something somewhere

i am going to steal this slightly! im going for my 1.3 soon and i want a new clutch but something rippy and half decent without breaking the bank.... but im keeping my 1l gbox so any suggestions.... i know frank said about a luc one or something somewhere

you will be limited to the little 160mm clutch then will, and LUK ftw :grinning:

well im thinking to keep 1l box cos of the shorter ratios so maybe a bit nippier low down but may go for 1.3 box and stuff at some point!

any links to the luc one you so strongly recomend frank?

Back