Gearbox K11

Hoping somebody can help.

Had my 2000 1.0s (yes that the sports model)from new. After about three years the gear lever seemed to be getting stiffer and stiffer to move. First to Second and Third to Fourth seem to be okay but, Second to Third and Fourth to Fifth are quite a struggle unless you take your time, then its time to change down again. You have to force the lever up and over to get to fifth and coming back to fourth can be a challenge. The lever is stiff across the box in neutral and does not spring back from fifth and gets stiffer as the car gets warmer. The Car has been serviced in line with Nissan guidelines.

Thanks in advance
Lee

the 1.0 gearbox is a right dog, change the gearbox for one from a 1.3 (with clutch and flywheel) and youll be sorted...

sounds easy hey?..lol

^^^^ nope wont work for him also been told that the 1.0 he has right now is the best gear box to have in cuz of the final drive the flywheels for the facelifts are different to the old ones as in it is larger n has 2 sets of teeth on it

sorry to wee on your chips there but the 2000 S is not the sports model, infact its the opposite, its the standard model :p

back on topic, got a simlar problem on mine (wont spring to center in neutral despite the spring is fine), needs gearbox bush cleaning up and regreasing i been told, soon as i figure out how to do it im gna give it a go! shouldnt be serious tho :)

rlees85 is right all you have to do it take off the gear linkage from gearbox to lever, take out the bushes clean them and put lm grease in the linkage and on the bushes when you reassemble it

dont do the bolts and nuts up to tight or it will still be stiff, you have to find the right place not to loose and not to tight

Back