Gearbox help needed.

So, my car judders when I pull off, and it kinda has a hard time pulling off sometimes and it can barely make hill starts.

I got a bloke round to change my clutch because that's what my Dad thought it was, but the guy said that it's the gearbox seals inside the box, not the drive shaft seals.

The seals are letting oil onto the flywheel which is what is causing the juddering.

I'm planning to just get a new gearbox, I found one on Ebay earlier and the bloke asked me to check my codes so I know it's the right one before I buy it, but I don't know where to look.

Any advice on what would be easier?

Changing the gearbox or just changing the seals?

I drive a K10.

If its oil it will be the crank seal behind the flywheel

Gearbox sounds fine to me

Though if the clutch doesn't slip amd it stutters I'd be looking at your acceleration pump on the carb

If its oil it will be the crank seal behind the flywheel

Gearbox sounds fine to me

Though if the clutch doesn't slip amd it stutters I'd be looking at your acceleration pump on the carb

When the car ticks over, it's quite loud and there's a certain noise that you can hear, kind of a ticking, then when I press the clutch it stops.

there,s only the 1 seal in the bellhousing ryan, the input shaft, and i doubt if that will find its way onto the clutch (the crank seal can tho)
if there was oil on the clutch it tends to slip rather than judder, rear engine mount maybe ?
and that ticking could be the cush-drive springs rattling :)

there,s only the 1 seal in the bellhousing ryan, the input shaft, and i doubt if that will find its way onto the clutch (the crank seal can tho)
if there was oil on the clutch it tends to slip rather than judder, rear engine mount maybe ?
and that ticking could be the cush-drive springs rattling :)

It is more of a rattle than a ticking, poor choice of words.

The whole car shakes/judders when I take off, it all vibrates.

If I put a quick video together for YouTube and put it on here for people to watch could that work?

when the retaining frame on my k11 clutch plate used to wear loose, it was allowed the springs in the clutch plate to rattle about.
this caused a rattling noise only in neutral (no loads going through the clutch plate/spring), clutch pedal up (clutch assembly spinning) and when rpm is idling below 750.
when rpm is above idle in neutral, there's enough centrifugal force to push the springs outwards against their retaining frame and stop the rattling.
whenever there is any load going through the clutch (even idling in gear with clutch pedal up) the torque applied on the springs stop them from rattling.

closest resemblence are those spoke beads on kids bicycle wheels

Untitled-1_preview_card.jpg

when the retaining frame on my k11 clutch plate used to wear loose, it was allowed the springs in the clutch plate to rattle about.
this caused a rattling noise only in neutral (no loads going through the clutch plate/spring), clutch pedal up (clutch assembly spinning) and when rpm is idling below 750.
when rpm is above idle in neutral, there's enough centrifugal force to push the springs outwards against their retaining frame and stop the rattling.
whenever there is any load going through the clutch (even idling in gear with clutch pedal up) the torque applied on the springs stop them from rattling.

closest resemblence are those spoke beads on kids bicycle wheels

View attachment 27173

That's a good way to explain it and I get it now.

I just thought mentioning the noise would give more of an idea of what the main problem is being caused by.

Back