Help needed RE: CVT gearbox

Hi guys!

Have usually owned P10 Primeras however I have myself a K11 micra SLX with a 1.3 CVT gearbox. Lovely car, solid with low mileage at 38000.
Unfortunately the car has a very annoying fault with the gearbox :/
Sometimes you will have drive, then quite often the gearbox will totally loose drive in all gears, and the CVT warning like will illuminate. Did the fault code test and shows me fault code 4 which suggests the electro magnetic clutch coil circuit is short circuiting. When the RAC came to the car I asked him to check the carbon brushes, we checked them, they look brand new, as does the gearbox, however the carbon brushes were soaked in transmission fluid, dried the brushes but within an hour they were soaked again. Would this suggest an internal leak? I am not a mechanic but I am stuck on what to do.... should I replace the gearbox all together? Or is there a common fault on k11s? I know the carbon brushes wear down but these looked brand new. I knew there was a problem with the gearbox but how sinister I was none the wiser. Manual I’d have over a cvt but my partner only drives auto. The car is truly in amazing condition and when it does drive it’s lovely. But this fault means I cannot drive it as at some point all the drive will just go. Any advice would be amazing!! Cheers :) :)

most cvt k11,s get scrapped when they have drive problems cameron, if you do fit another gearbox tho, they changed in 2000 eh

Back