Gallery -> micra.com.au ..?

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
Hello community!

I have just searched the forum for some pics, cause there was a little bit of time between homework and real work... and i have asked myself: where is the gallery? would it not be highly recommended for all of us? Many times i have searched hours to find an exact picture of rim in a special size, or searching for picture of micra's with different lowerings or something else on google. Or i search the micra.com.au-forum, and the result are only threads with no pictures in. You know what i mean. Would it be difficult to create a gallery, which can load up some high-res-pictures? Maybe with different categories. I think it would be a great option for all of us.

Tell me what you think about.

regards,
christian

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
We all would fill the gallery. Everyone of us got a little item the others don't know or have never seen. Cardesigns, interiordesigns and much more. For example: in a few weeks (perhaps months) i am going to do some works on my micra. In the fact it will be succesful i would be very happy to show the whole forum what is going on in germany.
I think their should be a lot of pics which are some people interested in, like arch-widing, self-welded constructions. Or maybe some problem solutions which are very difficult to explain in words.

In the most forums i am registred you can switch to the gallery-forum, create your folder, write some history or some describtion, and load up the pictures. It is like the threads here, but in a gallery you can see the pics at first, at the moment in here you get to browse a long time to find a picture within a long thread.

CMF_germank11

» CMF Member
i wasn't speaking about a thread, cause it is the same again, if you search something special, you will get crazy.

i think the most people don't know what i mean or don't understand... have a look at this, that is what i am talking about:

http://fotos.mtb-news.de/ different categories like "engine" "rims" "artwork" "racetrack" "action" "accident" what ever. if you are searching for pictures in the community, which have been posted within a thread, you will search too long, it is unfocused, it is *waaah*

imagine, you create a thread "post your monsters" and over 130 people post their pics, what the hell where is the overview? their is no option for comments especially for one pic. a thread about pics and a special gallery is not the same, a gallery is much more comfortable i think...

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
ok... i tried... unfortunately nobody is able to create this as the site owner very rarely comes on and i realy dont think he would be bothered to set this up. we have tried to ask for the ability to change the site, specifically when somebody wanted the front page updated. it never happened..

unless you can get into contact with cisco and talk to him about it, no body here has the power.

cisco

» CMF Member
We used to have an enormous gallery that was setup using some free web based gallery thing and I plugged it into the site and there used to be prominent links to it in the main site navigation.

Unfortunately, at some stage, the whole thing for accidentally wiped during a site outage!!! This old gallery used to get the most hits of anything in the whole site. So it was quite a loss.

I don't have time any more to make a new one, but I do have a whole pile of old micra photos at home.

If someone seriously wants to come up with something decent, must be run on PHP, and send it to me, I would be more than happy to upload it to the site and give someone admin access to the gallery section to allow hundreds of micra photos to be uploaded!

So if someone is as passionate as I used to be, bring it on.

Preferably, whatever chosen "system" or "platform" you come up with needs to be able to support multiple galleries. E.g. So we can have a "K12" gallery, "K11", "bodykits", "Engine bay pictures" etc, that kind of thing. So we can categorise them a fair bit.

I forget what the old one was called that I used, it wasn't perfect, but did a reasonable job.

The time consuming bit will be someone with admin access sorting out and approving the photos. I.e. manually going through every known micra photo and putting them into the correct category etc.

Who's gunna step up?

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
wow.. sounds like a big task. id do it cos i got 4 mths of uni holidays.. only problem is i have ABSOLUTLY no idea what php is and all that kinda stuff.. wouldnt know where to start to create something like that..

goodluck to whoever does!! very keen to see the outcome!

maybe even an updated video page with new vids! or am i pushing it?? haha

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:
"ok... i tried... unfortunately nobody is able to create this as the site owner very rarely comes on and i realy dont think he would be bothered to set this up.

You tried?

Cisco is around as you can see - all you have to do is use some initiative and send him a PM.

Seriously you can't blame Cisco for not updating the site - just be thankful at least that it's online. This thread's not even been up for a whole day and you're complaining that nothing 's been changed.

I used to use the same system that you had up here, I believe you were using the Coppermine photo gallery at the time. I absolutely hated managing that system from an admin's point of view, but it wasn't so bad for what these guys are wanting out of it.

The system doesn't have to be set up on this site - if people genuinely interested pitched in funds for it you could set up an individual domain to do it with (which means cisco doesn't have to bother with having to upkeep).

It's honestly not worth it in the least trying to make a system from scratch to integrate it into this system. We had ours running concurrently with phpBB and that was fine, but I still hated it :p Coppermine was one of the few with user management which was probably one of the outstanding features so purely from a functional perspective it's probably not a bad way to go.

---dens

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"tris WROTE:

"ok... i tried... unfortunately nobody is able to create this as the site owner very rarely comes on and i realy dont think he would be bothered to set this up."</div>

You tried?

---dens

nah.. i tried by making a thread to post pics in..
im not complaining.. calm down

Back