mods/cisco any chance of seeing the photos from the image gallery?

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Wow I'd forgot about the gallery. There were a couple of sections to it I believe. There were a heap of scans of magazine articles people had submitted. I think around 2005 or 2006 the whole site crashed and most of, if not all of it was lost.

mik

» CMF Member
There was a server crash back then, thats why the images we're all lost. But with the help of the WayBackMachine i could get all images back maybe, but will take forever. BUT lets see maybe i can write some batch/mirror job off waybackmachine so it would automate copying the pictres to my harddrive. Or maybe theres another solution? Slight chance :) If we get the pictures i can manage to get all working again.

/edit:
i've just written an email to the guys, with a bit of luck, they might give us a way to download the images. Lets pray :)

We're planing in having a new gallery, anytime soon :)

mik

» CMF Member
Ok so here's the result, we used to have 954 Pictures.

on webarchive there where stored:

561 in original size
808 in the "normal size" which is 400x400 usually
xxx as thumbnails

so with that said, we don't have all of them unfortunately but still a better than nothing right?

i will sort out a system to get a new gallery out of those pictures, and to upload new ones too :)

cheers mik

/edit:
i will soon upload the pictures i got, into the old system, so you
guys can browse something, until the new system is done.

mik

» CMF Member
it seems that they didn't store all pictures in the original size,
i even tried different dates as maybe there where more pictures present, but unfortunately they weren't. the given error message, was "not found" instead of a timeout.

the thumbnails for instance are quite all of them i think 1-2 are missing. could be some storage saving settings at the web archive site, that they don't store everything over a specific size.

i'll be uploading the pictures in about 20min.

/edit:

now uploading,
you can find the gallery again in Mutimedia->Photo Gallery in the navigation panel.

mik

» CMF Member
you're welcome, thanks to you and polarbear, i came up with that idea :)
nope still no response, but i coded some custom scripts and did a batch download :)

cisco

» CMF Member
Mik you are an absolute legend. Unbelievable talent here.

The other news at least is that regarding the photos from my first Japan visit, I still have most of those in original full quality (straight off the digital camera) etc. In fact I have these here on my current PC I think. But it will be impossible to go through each individual photo and tag them all, but perhaps we could work out some way to batch upload them all Mik? I.e. it might then replace some of the 400x400 ones?

I'll respond to your email also..

Cheers

Back