naughty exhaust

babyboom

Ex. Club Member
well it finally happened, my exhaust rotted away and fell apart, i had no idea it was even bad, it just happened all of a sudden, car was running good then suddenly it was making a hell of a noise, it seems to have broke away at the join between teh backbox and the centre section, what do you think guys, any ideas on what to do, im thinking about getting another back box from the scrappie and just putting that on until i can get it fixed porperly

Attachments

• IMAGE_00236.jpg
    IMAGE_00236.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 235
you might get away with just a back box you might not, it all depends on how rusted the centre section flange and bolts are

micra.jas said:
one problem woth janspeed is they dnt supply the gasket and my exhaust is blowing rasberrys at me till i buy one for it,lol.

It doesnt exactly take much to get some gaskets for it :) lol or use the paste stuff.

sonic said:
it could be the excuse you needed for a full janspeed system.

yes i would say the same thing sonic! or he could just get a back box for £40 and get the rest made up by powerflow etc. why not just go for a stainless system now insted of buying a standard back box off a scrapyard and getting somone to put that on for you? insted of wasting money. just go stainless now!

well guys i got it fixed, i already have the stainless backbox so it was just the little pipe from the backbox to the centre section i needed, i got the box from a scrappie in paisley, i went into halfords to get tools, i picked up a socket set for £20 and spanners for £5, took it to the till and the guy said £17, i thought it must be reduced or something, i handed him £20 and he gave me £15.01 change, i quickly got out the shop and looked at the receipt and he had only changed me for the spanners rofl, got the box for £10 and chopped and fitted it in my local garage after talking the guy into letting me use his ramps :)

Back