Brake Noise?...

Stani1029

Club Member
hi, sumtimes when im braking i hear a loud vibrating noise coming from the brakes which i can feel through the pedal aswell and was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is???

ive been told it could be warped discs, brake dust on the discs, low brake fluid or just worn pads...

thought to check it out before i go spending money on the wrong things :)

it sounds like warped discs, but it's hard to tell from description only. just uprate your brakes to N14/N15 ones.

Not sure why low brake fluid, you more than likely just wouldnt stop! Could be pads that are worn down to the metal and grinding in to the disc, a wharped disc. Just put in new pads and discs is the only way to solve and diagnose the problem.

Sounds to me like the symptoms of warped discs as you can feel it through the pedal! IF you are ever over the stirling way give me a shout and ill take a look at it for you!

Well since posting this last night, its got much worse :O the offside brake pad is completely worn down and is scratching into the disc, it makes the most horrible noise which im goin to have to put up with for a couple of days :( im gonna buy discs and pads and try them myself, anybody know how difficult this would be for someone that hasnt done this before??

i have a haynes manual :p

It is easy to do, just make sure that you have a G clamp and that you take your time

Back