Fuel Question

This is my first post on the forum.

I have a Nissan Micra Inspiration k11 (facelift) 16v 1999 Plate 1 litre. I was wondering how many miles I should be getting to about £40 worth of petrol. £40 generally gets me about 230 miles and i feel thats quite low considering my car is only a 1 litre. Any ideas ?

This is my first post on the forum.

I have a Nissan Micra Inspiration k11 (facelift) 16v 1999 Plate 1 litre. I was wondering how many miles I should be getting to about £40 worth of petrol. £40 generally gets me about 230 miles and i feel thats quite low considering my car is only a 1 litre. Any ideas ?
I've got a 1.3 and I'd say £40 gets me about 280 and that is giving it some, and I never wait for petrol light I just fill up because the petrol stations in norwich are so scattered :/

seeing these MPG threads appear every week, i have lived in the north (Derby) and in the south (Swindon), seems to me the further north you go the cheaper the fuel seems to get, so 40 quid in derby gets you a fair bit further than in swindon, even traveling just 15 miles from swindon and fuel goes up by up to 8p a liter. Also please please look at the state of your brakes and clutch/transmission etc, as this will have a massive impact on your fuel consumption, also beware of the lead foot, that goes out to you 1.0L boys and girls, bearing in mind you will rev the nuts off it to keep up with traffic so this will have an impact, sorry to rant on but this topic seems to come up weekly recently, and yes i know we are suffering from a so called double dip recession but please check the state of your car first and the overall cost of fuel in your area before complaining, sorry its your first post mate and i am having a go, but as frank says use the search function, and i think the long term members are getting a bit fed with the same topic coming up, after all that said and done welcome to the club and please dont let my little rant put you off.

I stay in scotland and petrol varies from 129.9 - 135.9 a litre. I have never seen the petrol light on in my car and unsure if it has one. I got a new exhaust last year and since then ive felt that ive used more petrol, especially on long journeys sitting at 75 on the motorway.

Back