Help! P0171 another question

Hi all,

I have searched through the forum and found some interesting posts on the problem 'P0171 Fuel Trim too Lean bank 1'. My Nan has a 2001 Micra 1 Litre Auto and had this problem. You could reset the light on the OBD reader and the car would idle normally and power restored etc. I cleaned the MAF sensor and the light went off for a month before coming back on (my nan does very low mileage, 900 miles last year!). Anyway, I figured after reading about the issue, it was the MAF sensor so ordered a new one from ebay and fitted it. I reset the light and the car was fine. My nan drove the car with no issues Saturday to the shops but today after driving the car for 5 minutes, it just cut out at some traffic lights. She turned the car off and back on, it started fine and carried on driving back home. No lights or fault codes stored.

Any ideas before I take car to bits again?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

The car had NGK plugs so I changed them for the correct ones. The car has days where it runs perfectly but today it has cut out about 10 times. My nan said she got in it this morning and when she put her foot down the car almost died, it couldnt rev properly. I am going to have another look at it now, any other ideas?

Back