Fuel pump upgrade.

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi all, i require your help.

I have a massive haynes engine book, it gives delails of all petrol engines from all manucfactures before 1991.

Anyways.

The book gives my K10 fuel pump pressure as 0.2 bar, i was curiously looking at the 1.6 primera (carb model) and it gives the pressure as 0.3 bar, i just happen to have one of these laying around, it looks the same fitting but i havent tried it yet.

what i was wondering was, will the primera pump give any sort of enchanement over the standard 1.2 one?

I have heard of such things on injected cars but ot on carbs.

any help greatly appreciated.

P.S. also how much it the average dyno run???

No need to uprate the K10 one unless its not enough, but yours will be fine.

use the very early one thats got no bypass pressure return pipe on top of the pump or you can just block the later ones off,,,:glance:

if you clamp the return pipe from the pump the pressure will got up by a small amount nothing really to shout about,

you could fit a simple electric fuel pump i'll inform you later as im busy at the moment

disconnect the pipes to the mechanical pump

get a electric fuel pump and put it in the fuel feed from the tank to the carb,

in between the pump and carb put a t peice and run a pipe to the return pipe going to the tank, also put a one way valve in the pipe

then try that, you might need a regulator in between the t piece and carb inlet

getting rid of the mechanical pump would be best so take it off and block the hole, then theres less drag on the camshaft

All of this is irrelevent however if the stock fuel pump is doing the job fine.

Back