Fuel pump relay + Fuel pump K13

Hi all,

My first post here so hope this is right.... looking for a bit of assistance please....

I have a Micra K13 (2011). I have had an intermittent starting problem for a while now... usually starts by the second throw. Yesterday the engine turns over but will not start. I suspect it is either the fuel relay (I have checked all the fuses) or the fuel pump itself. Before pulling out the back seat, can someone please help me locate the fuel pump relay so that I can check that's not the problem.

I checked the fuse box in the engine bay but I don't see it there, even though the inscription in the plastic says something about the fuel relay... did I miss it?

The car has about 200,000 kms on the clock.

TIA

Grant

The normal id of fuel pump failure is if giving it a stern whack underneath the fuel pump gets it going again. They tend to get stuck rather than failing.. and only generally fail if you have been running on low tanks a lot. Also will cause engine to stop running at other times - not just start up.
Have you checked all the other options ? ( sorry if you have already id this as the culprit)

e.g. Spray some quick start in the air intake and try to turn over...if it goes then at least you know it fuel related.

There are quite a few things to check before deciding to pull up the back seat and improvise the special spanner to open the tank.
e.g. air leak in fuel hose is common - esp if it starts after a few cranks. (then the battery starts complaining too :)

I had a failed fuel pump on my K12 - theres some history if you search for it. But it is very rare and many could not believe it. But it was often run on a low tank as i was sharing it with a tight wad.

Good luck.

Back